1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Concerns

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Steam Giant, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Steam Giant

For oh, about two months now? Perhaps 3? My right eye's been a bit dry around the edges, and a bit red. Starting, say around one month ago, my brother (whom I see practically every day) pointed out that my right eye was red. Inspecting myself in the mirror, I noted that the skin to the right (my right) of my right eye is red and dry, and easily accumulates...oh, I'm not sure what the word for it is. I don't think it's pus, it's like gooey "sleepy sand," you know? Anyway, a little glob of that develops about once a day, that I just wipe away with a towel.

For the past few days though, my right eye has now been "bothering me." Not really sure how else to describe it. It doesn't hurt...I'm not sure I can say that it feels irritated...I guess the best description would be like how it feels when you have an eyelash in your eye. I've been testing my vision every day and it's still fine in both eyes, but I'm starting to worry that there may be something wrong with it. I tried looking eye conditions up online but saw some very gruesome pictures and got really scared, and haven't tried again since.

As usual, any assistance will be greatly appreciated ^^ in the very least, I'm pretty sure it isn't glaucoma, as that's been described as "irreparably damaged vision before you even know anything's wrong." Thanks in advance for any help that anybody can provide ^^

Oh, this may also be pertinent: http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4699

2. biisme

you could just have dry eyes. you could try eye drops to see if they help. if you're really worried, i would go see your optometrist (i think that's how it's spelt)

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It could be allergies or conjunctivitis. Although conjunctivitis usually gets bad really fast. I'd definitely go have it checked out though.

4. tiptoerainbows

Yeah, my family is in the business of eyes, make sure you are like hygenic (bad choice of words) just don't cross contaminate your eyes. Yeah, and seeing an optometrist would be a good idea.
    sorry about any bad spelling D=

5. Kimi

I think it's called eye mucus or gum if I'm right...not srue.

I know that it's not good to touch your eyes with your hand because it's not alwasy clean(Like hand gel with carcasses of germs:eek: )
    So it might reacting to some germs or simply you are allergy to some plant's pollen.

But I strongly recommend you to see a optometrist(*hug*) (*hug*)

6. Astaroth

Yeah, it sounds like an eye infection. Make an appointment to stop by an optometrist or a family doctor to have it looked at. If it is an infection, it can usually be easily treated with eye drops and/or amoxicillin/pennicilin.

#6 Astaroth, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007