1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umm...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by inevertoldyou, Oct 5, 2011.

1. How to put this....lately I've noticed these spots on the head of my penis. They are white areas, surrounded by other normal colored areas. One is on the side, One is on the underside. They are smooth, and they don't hurt. It just concerns me. I'm not sexually active right now. What should I do? Is it normal? Am I not cleaning properly? Or is it something else?

2. Ridiculous

They sound like "pearly penile papules" to me, which are harmless and relatively common (supposedly 25% of men have them to some degree, according to Wikipedia).

Have they always been there or have they only just appeared?

#2 Ridiculous, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  3. This is me bumping another dead thread but I just look back and realized I never followed up on this. It's NOT pearly penile papules. It's flat, smooth, same texture as the rest of the head. It's up on the fleshly part, near the urethra. I never really noticed it before, and then last year I noticed it. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't peel, it doesn't ooze. I've searched all over the internet, and I can't find anything that matches. I'm thinking about going to the urologist just to have it checked out, but I want to know if it's anything to worry about. Is it normal for the penis to be multiple colors or not? It's white, and the rest is fleshy red normal colors.

4. KaraBulut

For this you wouldn't need to see a urologist. Your family doctor can check it or if you have a dermatologist you can ask the dermatologist to check it.

Most of these types of lesions are harmless- either benign conditions like seborrheic keratosis, PPP or common warts. Your physician would need to make the determination based upon a exam.