1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving my legs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DhammaGamer, Oct 12, 2011.

1. DhammaGamer

I have to shave my legs every day or else they get prickly super fast. Does waxing last longer? Or are there any tips or methods that may work better?

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Shaving removes the hair above the surface of the skin, whilst waxing, plucking/using an epilator, and hair-removal creams will remove the whole hair, from its root to the tip.

With shaving, the hair will continue to grow, hence why your skin gets prickly. If you take out the whole hair, the root hair-follicle must start making a new hair, so it'll take a while for it to grow above your skin.

3. Katelynn

I use Veet on my legs & I have found that I get fantastic results with it! If you've never tried a hair-removal cream, I do recommend that you have a female friend perhaps help you with it the first time. The other thing about using Veet is that you can only use it every 72 hours - minimum. It basically removes a layer of skin from your legs, so using it before then can be painful. Also, if there are any cuts on your legs from shaving, you will want to let them heal first before applying the cream as it can be, again, painful to get the cream on those cuts. Of course, if youu have the money & the desire to, I would highly recommend laser-hair removal, which is a permanent solution to shaving your legs! Expensive, but very effective!

4. DhammaGamer

Thanks for the advice, I was actually thinking of getting veet, but I wasn't sure how effective it is. I'll try it out next payday. =P

5. Veronica

I used to shave my legs, but don't at the moment. I also use epilator which works quite well. It lasts longer than shaving, and doesn't have the risk of in-grown hairs that shaving has, I get those on my thighs. However using an epilator is quite uncomfortable in the beginning, but only the first few times. Nothing as refreshing as a little pain to make you feel like a real woman!

6. Olive

I'm actually surprised how quickly my leg hair grows back! If I shave at night, my legs are stubbly by the time I wake up. I initially tried wax, but we couldn't use much, it turned my pores red, and just wasn't very appealing at all. I could stand the pain, it just wasn't a very good process.