1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chest pain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by thisisfate, Oct 13, 2011.

1. thisisfate

I've been having some weird chest pain in the past few days. I don't know if "pain" is the right word, I just feel the middle of the chest and it hurts a little if I lower my head. It's starting to get annoying. I can also feel that the area is "hard" when I try to take a deep breath.

It comes and goes but today it's a bit worse.

I don't want to go to a doctor. Is it possible that it's just from overall stress or maybe I'm about to be sick with a cold or something? Any professionals here?

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you need to go the doctor. Sounds like you might strained a muscle, but chest pain is not something to screw around with

3. Katt

I'm a texan[: No.. we don't ride horses to school.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi sweetheart!

Didn't you ever watch those cartoons where they teach you that doctors are your friends, that they're not scary at all, yadda yadda and all that jazz? ;] Kidding, but there's no reason you should be hesitant to go to the doctor. Especially when it's something as serious as this. Chest pain is a big deal, you got some pretty important parts in that area. So please, do yourself a favor, and keep them safe. Book an appointment as soon as possible, and make sure not to do any hardcore workouts till you figure out why this is happening. I hope that this really is just a strained muscle, or a cold. But it's a lot better to find out now, rather than two months later when you're rolling around in pain.
    I'll be praying for your health!! :grin: Good luck, and get well soon!

#3 Katt, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. KaraBulut

There's a lot of possible causes of chest pain- some minor and some more serious. The only way to get to the bottom of it is to see your doctor.

5. aerwolfen

I agree as a person with heart disease myself and a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted chest pains are something not to fool around with,strongly suggest to see your doctor,our bodies have a weird way of showing signs of plms and distress,so don't ignore the warning signs.

6. thisisfate

I know it's stupid not going to a doctor but I'm really lazy and not in the mood to take a bus and find time for that. I don't even know how the whole insurance thing goes because I don't talk to my mom so I'm not sure I could even schedule an appointment if I wanted to.

It was pretty bad yesterday. I was trying to get a workout and felt like my heart was going to blow up and stop, I was struggling through some sets. I started deleting some things off my phone too in case I passed out, but nothing happened and I feel way better today. Maybe it was nothing. If I feel it strong again I might re-consider the doctor thing and try to work it out anyway.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, you've got a licensed nurse practitioner who has extensive experience in an emergency room telling you to go to the doctor and get it checked, plus a bunch of other people with less qualifications saying the same thing.

And you felt like your heart was going to blow up

And it's "too inconvenient" to go to the doctor?

Dude, don't be an asshole. People can have silent heart attacks they don't even know they've had and risk death if they don't get help. Your symptoms sound like they could be serious.

Go to the doctor TODAY and see what the fuck is up. The insurance and other hassles are trivial compared to the possibility of a serious heart problem or death. Don't wait "to see if it gets better."

8. ICTOAUN

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please go see a doctor today. This sounds like it's very serious. If you can't make it to a doctor's office there are always emergency rooms that are open. It's better to be safe than sorry with something like this. There's no use playing with your health. Chest pains are never a good sign. Please, go to the doctor today or emergency room. Find out what's wrong.

10. thisisfate

Sorry if it seemed like I wasn't taking your advice seriously. It's not that, my life is a bit of a mess and just making an appointment seems like a huge task. Plus when I told my dad he said it's probably nothing and I don't talk to my mom so I didn't feel any sense of emergency.

I looked up heart attacks and it looks like it could have been one. I was feeling some sort of pain for days and then during a workout it got really bad, apparently that's how it goes. I'm young but I do have high blood pressure so who knows. If I'm being totally honest then I just don't want to handle something like that right now so I ignore it and part of me just thinks if something's meant to happen then it's meant to happen.

I will get it checked though anyway. Thanks for caring, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

11. aerwolfen

you sound alittle depressed and almost to the point of giving up,thats why your taking a wait and see attitude with your symptoms,your playing with fire right now and something that could effect the rest of your life,is this your way to commit suicide let nature take its place,do nothing and wait and see approach,with so many people online showing you support wishing nothing but the best for you,as a member of this website a gay in this community don't you feel alittle obligated to get yourself checked out for at least our concerns if not for yourself,your actions are a teaching aid for other people out there that might be having the same kind of symptoms but too afraid to ask,.you asked and we responded,please get checked out,your not a hero waiting for the other shoe to drop,but you can be our hero who gets checked out and find out what the results are and not keeping us in the dark-newbi or not your one of us,care for yourself first so you can care for us when we need it-thats my kick in the pants for the night,we all are special as you are to us,life is just too precious to sit back and watch it fade out.love Gerry.

12. RedState

Well, it could be a minor or major cardiac event....but anytime your heart races for no reason that is a signal that something isn't quite right.

I had a similar situation that I will share if that helps: I was in the gym a while ago and I got this uncomfortable feeling...my heart was racing like yours and it felt like it indeed was going to blow up...there is a big difference between a good elevated heart rate and the one I was feeling...it was extremely uncomfortable and I felt really weird. I thought I would just work through it and it would pass...big mistake. I actually thought about having the people at the front desk call an ambulance it was that bad. But, I sat down and after 30 mins it finally went back down...but I knew something was off.

So I went to the Dr and he scheduled an echocardiogram..turns out I have a minor leak in 2 of my heart valves...it's so minor that I don't need medication and such and the Dr. said it's somewhat common and nothing to worry about, but it can cause the symptoms I experienced....haven't had anything like that happen again, but it was good to know there was nothing major wrong. Point is: heart situations can strike you no matter what age you are and when you have episodes with your heart that are not quite right you need to have it checked out. It could be nothing, it could be something like I have, or it could be something really major...it gives you a little peace of mind knowing.