1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm really worried

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kerze, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For about 2 months I've been having mild headaches for about 3 days a week but in the past fortnight they've got worse and more regular (about 5/7 days). In addition to this I've had 4 nosebleeds in the past week. I feel like I need to see a doctor and I'll make an appointment tomorrow but at the same time I'm worried I might be over reacting because I had nosebleeds regularly (almost on a weekly basis) from as early as I can remember until about 2 years ago.

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would go ahead and make that doctor appointment. I have no idea what it could be but it's better to be safe and check it out with a professional. It could just be normal headaches but it doesn't like that's the case with them coming so frequently. Hope you feel better and yeah, go ahead and make that appointment and have it checked out.

3. KaraBulut

If you're having headaches that often, they need to be diagnosed and treated.

Make the appointment. Let us know how it goes.

4. Fiddledeedee

You sound like how my brother was when he had a year of migrains, missing one day of school in three on average. (*hug*) I hope it isn't that.

5. amadore

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's always worth seeing a doctor, just in case. In the meantime though, make sure you're drinking enough water and eating enough protein (aim for around 20 grams with each meal). Also cut back on sugar (that includes fruit juice) and avoid eating fermented foods (vinegar, yogurt, alcohol, cheese, miso, etc.) and avoid caffeine and cigarettes until you see your doctor. Frequent headaches are often linked to dietary habits. Easier said than done, I know, but it helped me get rid of my daily migraines. With that being said, changing your diet might not help you at all, so book that appointment anyway just in case. Good luck and feel better.