1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird blister things on legs?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Foxywolf, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxywolf

Hey I have these weird blister things on my legs that seem to not want to go away.
    It started on one leg and then spread to the other. They start out as blisters and then burst and become red dots and then scabs.
    They start out itchy as blisters but are not itchy when they pop.
    I have no idea what these are. Does anyone have any idea?
    They do not hurt and are not insanely itchy, they just look weird. It looks like I almost have chicken pox on my legs.
    Help?

2. KaraBulut

What part of your leg are they on? How many of them are there?

3. Foxywolf

They are all up my leg, mostly on the front of my leg like the shin and knee and the sides of my shin and knee, some are on my thigh. There are about 20 on one leg and 5 on the other. Some are like little pin pricks, and some are like the size of a ladybird, and between those sizes.
    They are weird. :/

4. feverdreamt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe a fungus?

5. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

Hmm I would go get checked out by a dermatologist (skin doctor) and see what they think it is...they probably prescribe you a topical ointment/lotion once they decide what it is.

How long have you had it?
    Does it only appear at certain seasons of year? cold? warm seasons?

In the meantime try to stop itching them, itching is never a good thing to do and could be the reason it possibly spread to your other leg. (like poison ivy when you itch you spread it too other locations)

Go get checked out by dermatologist and keep us posted!
    Good luck!:thumbsup:

6. KaraBulut

Do they appear in groups of 2-3 together like these?
    [​IMG]

7. Foxywolf

I have had them since the end of October maybe? Yeah I am not itching them anymore. They are not really that itchy anymore anyways. They are just weird looking.

No they don't tend to be clustering in groups of two or three. They are mostly just spread apart. But they do look kind of like the picture otherwise, maybe a bit smaller and less numerous though.

Maybe a trip to the dermatologist may be in order, I just wanted to see if they would clear up on their own before going through the hassle of making a doctor's appointment. And then I thought maybe one of you guys would know what they are.

What is the above picture of KaraBulut? They possibly could be whatever that is even though they don't cluster.

8. KaraBulut

The bites in the picture are typical of insect bites- like fleas, mosquitos. The picture above with the pattern of 2-3 bites in a cluster is typical of bedbugs.

We've been seeing a lot of people with bedbug bites coming in from luxury hotels, believe it or not. And in NYC, several high end clothing stores had to shut down to be fumigated to get rid of them.

9. Foxywolf

Oh no! Maybe my college bed is infected by bed bugs!

10. jenn288

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to get similarish looking marks to the ones in the picture above and I went to my doctor and was told it was just a rare form of eczema. I got a prescription for some special lotion and they were gone in a week or so. It might be thats what you have. Good luck!

11. Foxywolf

Yeah maybe. I was thinking about it, and why would it be only on my legs if it was bed bug bites?

12. KaraBulut

Because bedbugs love to hang out in the creases at the foot of mattresses. The legs and feet are full of blood due to gravity pooling in the lower extremities, so it makes for a nice meal.

We do see people come in with bites on their back and neck too, since these are usually in contact with the mattress, too but the legs are the most common site. The same is true of flea bites (fleas love carpets) and mosquitos/ticks (from weeds and grass).

13. lovelynyaa

It may be a cause of milk... I've had milk since young and I have something like blisters on my hands and legs but my legs were more serious... When I went to the doctors to ask, they simply said its just dry skin... When I stopped milk, my blisters started to heal...

14. BudderMC

I think the OP has gotten their answer, and this thread is already 2 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.