1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard lump

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zulu, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Zulu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys.

About a week ago I found a hard, nickely sized lump in my chest area. I'm a guy. I have a doctor's appointment set for tomorrow and I'm not too worried. Which, admittedly, concerns me...I've found other bumps/lumps before that ended up being nothing and they freeeaked me out.)

The reality of what's going on just hit me. What if it's something terrible? I'm slightly nervous.

Edit

I guess the point of this is...what do you think the possibility of this being something really bad is? The likelihood? Should I be worried that I'm not worried?

#1 Zulu, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) I think not worrying is good because worrying can make you feel physically sick. You won't know what it is until you go to the doctor so there's no reason to get overly worried at this moment. The most important thing is that you are going to the doctor. I'm glad you're doing that. You could ask your doctor the chance of it being something, etc to see if that helps. I doubt you have anything but it's good to check.

Right now just relax and try not to think too much.

3. starfish

I'm going to go with Sebaceous cyst. Those are really not a big deal and fairly easy to take care of.

No need to worry until you get it looked at. Even if it bad still no need to worry. Just follow the treatment course and get it taken care of.

#3 starfish, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. pronua

When I started to go through puberty me and my friend both had the same problem, and eventually we learned a lot of boys get them and it's not dangerous.

5. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

it could be a swollen lymph node...or not to scare you...but it could something more aswell...hope it turns out to be nothing significant

best wishes ...keep us posted :thumbsup:

#5 Andrew1403, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
  6. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Get some sleep and let them check u out...hope u do not have to turn your head and cough...LOL...bet u will be O.k. by the end of the day Monday. Stay positive.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At your age, anything serious is pretty unlikely. On the other hand, sebaceous cysts and similar things (ingrown hairs, etc) are very common. So most likely that's what it is, but you're taking the right approach to get it checked out.

8. Zulu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update time.

Went to the doctor, got checked out. He theorizes that it is, in fact, just a sebaceous cyst. I have an appointment in 6 weeks to have it checked out again -- see if it's grown or shrunk or something.

Thanks for your responses, guys! You were all very reassuring. :grin:

9. starfish

I get sebaceous cysts all the freaking time. My doctor suggested that I put a warm compress on it for about 15 minutes each day until it clear up. That really seems to help. My understanding is that it will cause the waxy substance in the cyst to melt and your body reclaims it.