1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hole in foot under toe?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Blkrsn, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got a growing hole forming underneath my baby toe. I have hammer toes on that foot, so all my toes ark down so I walk on the tips of my toes.

I have an unusually high pain tolerance, so things that would bother most people don't bother me. I noticed something did not feel right about my foot a while ago, but ignored it. I wouldn't say it hurts, well it does, just not badly ( again, high pain tolerance ). I investigated it to see what it was, and there is an almost circular hole forming in the skin underneath the toe. Its grown a bit since then. but is still only about the size of a bead.

What could it be? Should I be concerned? :help:

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go and see a Doctor

3. Fiddledeedee

Go to a doctor and get it checked up on; while it may be harmless, it is best to be sure. In the meantime, make sure it is cleaned as thoroughly as you can and then cover it with a plaster. Change the plaster and check on it a minimum of once per day. Be careful when walking long distances, as it might make the hole larger.

4. MommaFrog

It could be a skin eating virus or bacteria, it could be a spider bite, there are several things it could be, but you need to go to see a dr or the the E.R. NOW...

I am a nursing student, and nothing good comes of a mysterious hole in your flesh...

5. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol... I don't like these answers... I'll go to the doctor asap!

... though I can't stop walking, because I work a fast-paced, high demand job which keeps me running up and down ladders and across a warehouse all day...

Its starting to scab over today... I'm hoping that's a good thing.

6. KaraBulut

When you find a lesion or a calloused area on your foot that you can't attribute to a specific thing (like stubbing your toe or stepping on something), you can immediately get your shoes out and check the inside of the shoe. Dress shoes have nails that can poke through the bottom of the shoe, tennis shoes have pads that tear or wear down and many shoes have seams and other things that can rub against the skin of the foot and cause sores.

Given your comment that you're on your feet and you have a job that requires a lot of physical exertion, you may want to invest in better work shoes and look into impact-absorbing insoles.

If the hole that you're seeing develops an area of redness around it or it begins to drain fuild, you should see a doctor since these would be signs of an infection.