1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

losing eyelashes.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rooni321, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Rooni321

So I really didn't want to say anything but I'm eating significantly less and last night a whole chunk of my eyelashes came out, like the whole center came out (thank god for fake ones right?).
    Can the two be connected at all?

I'm really worried, I don't want my hair falling out next.

2. MommaFrog

You could be losing eyelashes due to mal-nourishment... i would contact your doctor if I was you

3. Chandra

When you say you're "eating significantly less", can you be more specific? How much are you eating, and why are you eating less than usual?

Malnourishment can certainly cause hair loss. There are also conditions like alopecia that could be the cause. If you notice more eyelashes falling out, or hair coming out in patches on your head, eyebrows, etc., I would advise you to see a doctor.

4. Rooni321

Well more specifically, yesterday I had an egg and a bowl of rice.
    I just don't want to gain weight.

5. Chandra

That is not enough food to give your body the nutrients and vitamins it needs. Have you been eating this way for long?

6. Mr.Pushover

Hi there :smilewave
    I just wanted to add that there are very many ways to avoid weight gain that are very simple. This, however, is probably the one you shouldn't choose to do. If you eat too little, you can definitely cause anorexia, which can be fatal. If you haven't been doing this for long, I would suggest trying to improve your eating habits by eating the proper amount someone at your body size should. If you've been doing this for more than a week or two, I would advise seeking professional help. I do hope you look into this, it's all for the best :slight_smile:

7. Rooni321

Well its only been this way for a few days.
    And its kind of bad because I've had problems with eating disorders in the past.

Losing weight is just super frustrating. But I REALLY don't want to lose my hair..

8. Chandra

If you have had problems with eating disorders in the past, then I strongly suggest you see a doctor about this again. Do you have a therapist or someone you can talk to?

Losing weight is super frustrating, but wasting your body away by undereating is potentially fatal. Hair loss isn't by any means the worst of it.

Please take care of yourself. *hugs*

9. KaraBulut

Eating disorders are a continuing battle. Given the symptoms you're describing and the diet that you've described, it's likely that there's a connection between your hair loss and your lack of good nutrition.

It's something that you should work with a therapist to address.