1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peeing in public?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sethrowe, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Sethrowe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought about not posting this a hundred times but I just said fuck it. I can't pee in public urnals?!? I don't have the fear of anyone seeing my junk or anything weird like that. It's just a sudden strange fear I have. Is it just me or what? And how can i "cure" it?

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you've never done it, well... go to one. And what I do (I'm not entirely all fine and dandy when other people are in. I know it's not the same, but) is go up to the edge as far as you can, and look up.

3. Eric

I avoid public restrooms like the plague. They're not exactly the cleanest of places, and I'm unabashedly pee-shy so I generally don't like setting foot inside them. That said, whenever I do need to do my business and home is too far away for me to hold it in, I just try to relax as much as possible. I don't think there's really a 'cure' for it. xD

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being "pee shy" is a very, very common thing. It's some sort of unconscious discomfort. The people I know that have had it jsut eventually got over it. Unfortunately, I don't know offhand of any ideas to help, but I'm guessing there's a lot of discussion about it on the web here and there :slight_smile:

5. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I avoid public restrooms too because I hate using urinals, and nothing is more disgusting than walking into a bathroom and smelling someone else's shit, and even worse, hearing it hit the water. I had a really bad experience with a trucker at a rest stop on my way to Tennessee last spring, and I haven't stepped foot in one since. At first I thought he was masturbating in the stall because that's what it sounded like, but he was actually blowing out his sphincter. I mean, he was so loud that Sky heard it in the girl's restroom on the other side of the building.

I don't blame anyone one bit for avoiding them. :rolle:

6. Homo Novus

Both my girlfriend and I have this problem. It's soooo not uncommon! :slight_smile: I just try ignoring my surroundings and not rushing myself. Or sometimes, given the choice, I'll simply wait until I'm home... or if I can't do that, then I'll go outside if I'm in a secluded enough area like on a dirt road in the woods or something (PLENTY of secluded wooded areas all over the place where I live. Haha). I know that may sound kinda strange considering I'm female. But I have the ability to pee standing up just like a male would. Comes in handy in these types of situations! So don't feel bad about avoiding public restrooms... They're gross anyway! Or if you have no choice, don't think about it and don't rush. Plug your ears and close your eyes and pretend you're alone at your house if you need to. :slight_smile: Good luck!

7. Connor22

OMG SAME!!!!!!!
    I use the cubicle XD

8. 11 11 11

Anyone else hate urinals? Because I do. Like the plague.

As for ways to combat your fear...do what I've been doing for years. Just don't use them.

Failing that Homo-novus made a really good point. Blocking your ears and humming can help a lot, that combined with closing your eyes can sometimes make it bearable.

9. ArcaneVerse

^this, there is always the option to use a cubicle.

10. Doctor Faustus

If all else fails, stick to the cubicle. But have a go at the urinal. Never try, never know I suppose.

11. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have to pee bad enough, you'll be able to do it :slight_smile:

Seriously, sometimes I get the pee shy thing and it's annoying. The other thing that happens sometimes is I can't get the pee going bc I feel a little fart that needs to get out and I have to get the fart out first before the pee will flow. It's silly, haha.

12. Junkist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I myself don't feel comfortable to use urinal when someone is around. You're not the only one,so don't worry :slight_smile:

13. caughtbywitness

^this.

Think it's called shy bladder or something?

14. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I have to go bad enough, then it's not a problem. Other times, especially if there is an attractive guy at the adjacent urinal or there is an occupied stall just behind the urinal I'm at, then I really have to force it. The best thing I've found is to try to picture in my head the urine coming out or some other thought about liquid being emitted (e.g. garden hose, waterfall). Also, try to block out your surroundings and other people at the urinals. Although sometimes this is hard at some venues like at a concert when the whole wall of urinals is occupied and there are lines of dudes waiting to pee out all the beer they've just consumed.

Many times I've had the unfortunate experience to be at a rest area bathroom where some old guy is hacking up his lungs, groaning, and taking a dump at the same time. So fucking gross! I always get a good laugh after it though!:lol:

Yep, this inhibits peeing for me too. Especially if it's more than just a little fart that needs to be expelled! :slight_smile:

#14 PerfectInsanity, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  15. Mad Man L

I avoid urinals where it is just a straight trough (like the ones in schools), but where it's those individual things, I'm generally OK with that. Because our school has 'trough' ones, I avoid using urinals and just use cubicles. I can pee at urinals like that, its just I feel uncomfortable.

But I generally avoid public/school toilets, especially when they're busy. Not only for fear of everyone thinking I'm perving on them (which depending on how hot the people in the room are, may or may not be true), but because some straight males are disgusting. They smell like shit, they shout, and worst of all, they think deodorant is the solution to all your problems, hence spraying it around until it becomes more like a gas chamber.

16. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Like everyone else said, this thing is more common than you think!

I also can't pee in public or while people are "hearing" me pee and it totally sucks. I mean, its not a big deal, but I hate not being able to control it in a way. I find that the more you push yourself to do it then the easier it becomes after a while. You can either hum, make yourself relax or other things of that sort. That being said, if it isn't really bothering you, then let it be. It isn't a big deal at all! :slight_smile:

As a funny note, I still have to take "turns" when it comes to using public bathrooms with my boyfriend. I cannot go to the bathroom at the same time as him xD

PS I HATE it when people talk to you while you are in the bathroom. Like, COME ON! Most disturbing thing EVER! xD

17. KaraBulut

It used to bug me when people would have conversations with other people in a restroom. I'm finding myself nostalgic for those days, though.

I spend a lot of time in airports. It really disturbs me how many people have taken up the habit of continuing business calls while they are in public restrooms. It started with urinals and has progressed to where I hear calls going on in the stalls.

I often wonder how many cell phones end up in toilets.

</digression>

18. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

try peeing in a stall instead. problem solved.

19. TSN2012

I never use urinals. Every time I go to the public restroom, I ALWAYS pee in the stall. Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think gay people don't pee in urinals. All the gay people at my school ALWAYS use stalls when they have to pee.

20. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol my mates and i do that all the time... stand there and talk about our night or whatever... its a habbit didnt know that some people found it disturbing.. i'll keep that in mind for next time

as for peeing in the urinal it depends if there's piss all over the floor.. i dont really mind though... sometimes the urnial is better than the cubicles in my opinon coz some dudes dont flush and its just a nasty sight...