1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TG and P90X

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Olive, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Olive

I'm about to start with P90X, but I'm scared that the constant workout will cause my testosterone levels to shoot up. I actually still maintain some semi-feminine features that I'd like to keep. Is this actually a problem or will I be unaffected?

Also, I'm 15 and weigh 115lbs. Its not because I don't eat. I eat constantly. I just have a ridiculously high metabolism. Has anyone ever heard of someone putting on weight with P90X? I don't have any fat content to sacrifice.

Thanks in advance!

2. KaraBulut

If you're underweight and worried about masculinization, why do you want to do P90X?

3. BushHippie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You'll be fine, even if you picked up free weights and did them the right way. Many girls and "girls" have this fear of ballooning up but that just doesn't happen. Keep an eye on your physique and your goal and adjust accordingly.

Serious, it takes years to achieve a bodybuilder physique and even then it doesn't sneak up on you.

4. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    Idk if I'd do P90X at 15, seems a little young, but it's your life and you can donnas you please. I will say don't go to heavy on the weights. Your young and don't want to screw anything up, and P90X is ridiculous in the first place. As for keeping your femine features you really have to watch your body fat, you start getting under 7% (which is also ridiculously hard) then that's when you will start to see harsher angles appear. My twin went crazy on working out and lots what fat he had (none) and we are easy to tell apart now, just because his face is a completely different shape/structure now. Well not completely different but you get my drift. Just eat right, drink a TON of water and know your limits. It's ok to "feel the burn" but if your feeling actual pain you've either gone to far or done something wrong. Good luck! And make sure you take a before picture! I wish I had done that!

5. Olive

Kara, I can understand how this is kinda odd, but I have a reason. I'm 15 and have a bit more than 2 years before I can start with therapy. In the meantime, I can barely bench half my body weight, which is a bit embarassing, considering I'm a Sophomore and there are cisgendered girls lighter than me that can lift more and such.

I'm really not sure of my fat content, but I may need to find out!

6. Sethrowe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pink magic, prime, amp whey protein, creatine, animal package (multivitimin), and last but not least powerful :slight_smile: and that my friends is how you get huge... Let's just hope the team doeant have a drug test hehe!

7. KaraBulut

PX90 is an endurance program. It's much like Marine boot camp- intended for guys and girls who are atheletic and who want to get into tip-top cardiovascular shape. These hi-intensity programs have a high drop-out rate because they require time and commitment and they are tough.

It's not the right program for someone who is a beginner and wants to do strength training.

The kind of program that would be right for your goals is a basic fitness class and to work with a trainer doing basic weight and resistance work.

8. Jim1454

The fact of the matter is that it shouldn't matter how much you can bench press. If you're healthy and in good physical condition, don't worry about it.

I've followed the P90X program and still use their workout videos. I'm not sure they're geared for elite athletes as KB suggests - because I did them! I didn't use the cardio workouts mind you - only the resistance training ones. For cardio I kept running or swimming. What really works is the meal plan. The first 30 days has you cut out all carbs on top of eliminating simple sugars and caffeine - the fat burner phase. But if you don't have fat to lose, I'm not sure that's what you need either.

9. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

lol. that made me laugh.