1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its going good!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Danny19, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Danny19

Hey guys im so happy right now! soo let me start. Ive been going to the gym Ballys for around 6 months. And i didnt see any improvements in losing weight.. The i didnt like the place that much. it was always dirty, the machines had sweat on them all the type, and it would stink like sweaty feet. grooss and they would always do stupid shit so i would pay more.. anyways i moved to a closer gym, LA fitness, its more expensive but its wayy better. not only are the people nicer but its way cleaner. Ive been going for 2 weeks and theres always someone cleaning.. i go to the gym with my mom and she pays for it and she got me a training sessions for herself as well. so we both get it. But i desperately need it!

Anyways to the point. I signed up 2 tuesdays ago. and when they weighed me it turned out that i had 275lbs on me. i was so bummed because i never been this big. im ashamed.. and my body fat percentage was 38% very bad..all bad.. well i start going and i have one training session a week. and i work out on my own the other 4 days i go. I do 30 minute cardio and then some weight. but with the trainer i do 20 min cardio and hardcore training.. its a pain but it has been worth it. I weighed myself yesterday and it said i lost 10 lbs!! amazing. i thought something had to be wrong because i havent been the healthiest. I just eliminated soda and other junk. But i was amazed. And very happy. so yea hopefully by christmas i will have lost more than 30 lbs. and after that look good. they also said that if i lose all the extra weight and get very fit i can go in for a 2 day exam and i can get a certificate to be a personal trainer. and i can have a job. awesome right? lol.. im so excited now. so yea thats my story lol..

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great to hear! Keep it up! I know how hard it can be to lose weight, so congrats to you. :slight_smile:

3. KaraBulut

That's a very good program for someone with your goals of trimming fat and getting into shape.

At 275lbs, you're going to be seeing a lot of big changes in the next 6 months. Be sure when you're tracking your progress to get measurements with a measuring tape and pictures. What you're going to find is that it will take you a while to adjust to seeing yourself objectively. For some reason, when we look in the mirror, we have a tendency not to be able to be objective and miss progress that we're making. Tape measures and a camera will help you see your progress more objectively and to continue working on your goals during periods where you may feel discouraged.

It's great that your Mom is also doing this too. It always helps to have someone working out with so that you can encourage and push each other to succeed.

#3 KaraBulut, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  4. Jim1454

That's awesome! Congratulations!!!

I started out 2 years ago when I topped out at 227lbs (I'm 5'11). I lost almost 30lbs in the first 90 days, which felt so great! I'm down 43lbs in total still - weighed in at 184 this morning - and I'd ideally like to take off another 9lbs and see where that gets me.

KB is right. I still look in the mirror and see the roll around my middle - even though it's a fraction of the size that is was when I started. But I consciously didn't take pictures because I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment. I wasn't convinced that I'd be able to stick with it, as I'd tried so many times in the past to lose weight, and failed every time.