1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low Blood sugar?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by NoName114, Nov 5, 2011.

1. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

First of all I eat healthy and I eat 3 meals a day which I though was normal and recommended, well for the past year or so about 2 to 3 days a week I get extreme fatigue (so bad I slept through one whole day without getting up) and a overall aching feeling, although being up and active usually helps sometimes I have to have a soda or something with sugar in it to "wake up" and sometimes (more often now) Eating/being active won't "wake me up" I was told by my doctor it could be a bad case of low blood sugar I'm going to go for a test next next Saturday anyone have low blood sugar or anything that can help me until then? Also on a regular day I get 8-10 hours of sleep (I sleep a lot)

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, it's good to know you're seeing a medical professional for your health. I was told I have low blood sugar as well by my doctor. When I go for a check-up, it always seems my blood sugar is low. I would do what you're doing. Make sure you keep eating several well balanced meals a day and incorporate sugar into your diet. Generally sweets are bad for you, but my doctor told me to make sure I have some throughout the day to keep my blood sugar level up. I also sleep about 8 hours a night too, so sleep shouldn't have anything to do with it. All I can recommend is continue eating healthy and wait to see what the tests show. Good luck and keep us posted. :slight_smile:

3. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

alright :grin: thanks, it's also nice to know that someone else here has low blood sugar, which is funny because the only person in my family with irregular blood sugar in my ant who has high blood sugar XD

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I don't think it's very uncommon but I can't be sure. Definitely follow up with your doctor. Also, it might be good to be tested for diabetes. That's high blood sugar I believe, but it can't hurt. I was tested before and thankfully I don't have it. :slight_smile:

5. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I've been tested several times from age 4 to 12 and tested negative every time, I had all symptoms but I had several doctors that I did not have diabetes, so I'm a bit worried

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if the last time you were tested was about 3 years ago, I would say it's good to go ahead and get tested again. At least that way you'll have some piece of mind and know for sure what's going on with your health.

7. BenIsScared

I have diabetes, and when my sugar is low, I eat carbs. Usually if it's below 50 you should eat 30 grams of carbs, and between 50 and 80, eat 15 grams. Above 80 is perfectly healthy. 4oz of juice is 15 grams. A piece of bread is 15 grams. Don't eat chocolate if you're feeling low, because chocolate slows down the absorbtion of sugar. Just check the nutrition labels and find out if theres something you like to eat that has the right amount of carbohydrate. Hope that helps and good luck!

8. KaraBulut

Hopefully your doctor did a physical and also tested you for anemia, thyroid disease and mono, too?

9. seeksanctuary

Three meals a day is the general norm for a lot of places... it's not really the "ideal", which would be four to six small meals a day. Though "ideal" also depends on your own individual body and needs.

... Also, if low blood sugar is the cause of your issues, how could eating NOT make you feel more awake? :confused: Lol.

10. Veronica

I read somewhere that the idea that feeling tired is a sign of low blood sugar is a myth. You can't actually feel your blood sugar. It's just the way you've learned to interpret that feeling.

Anyway, I'm no expert. I'll try to find the source.