1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wider hips?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DhammaGamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. DhammaGamer

What kind of excersizes or diets can I do to get wider hips and a thinner waste. I want a more feminine ratio. I'm pretty thin right now. 6'1" 160lb. 34 waist.

2. Katelynn

As far as I know, exercise really wont give you wider hips you're looking for. Generally from what Ive read, once on hormones, fat gets redistributed & muscle breaks down, and one of those place that the fat moves to is the hips & buttocks. I haven't come across any ways to widen my hips other than to be on hormones as of yet, but I will keep my eyes open. Still, being thin is good, just make sure you remain healthy & continue exercising a lot, since a regular & maintained diet & exercise regimine is crucial in transgender health! (*hug*)

3. Veronica

Yeah, me too, but I don't think it can be done. You're hormones will put your fat on your waist. I'm 6'2" and am also down to a 34" waist. Still more that could go. But no way I could move it down.

4. KaraBulut

You can't really exercise to make your hips wider. You can do side lifts with ankle weights to build your lateral hip muscles.

If you wanting a smaller waist and wider hips in clothing, most guys wear a garment that has padding on the seat and hips with a girdle effect on the waist.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll trade you my wide hips for your regular sized hips.

6. Emberstone

cant change the size of your bones. the muscles around your hip area seem to congregate more towards the glutes (butt muscles) and inner thighs, with smaller ones on the outside, if i remeber correctly, to control certain movements.

Alls you can really do is focus on shrinking your waist line (easier said than done) to create the illusion of larger hips.

7. Zontar

If you're not quite ready to take the hormone plunge, I've heard particular herbs can give you slightly more feminine features. Dunno how effective they truly are though.

8. DhammaGamer

Do hormones.legitimatly help? I'm scared that it wont be significant enough to be noticable. I end up sterile and still unpassable. Its depressing to.consider.

9. Phantasma

this x1000. i have wide hips and a womanly figure and haaate it.

10. KaraBulut

There's a big difference between wanting to be a woman versus wanting to create the illusion of being a woman.

Before you take a medication as powerful as female hormones, you need to sort this out to be sure.

This may be the point where you need to talk with a therapist to decide whether you want to be a man who appears to be a woman or whether you want to begin the process of transitioning to change your body into a more feminine form.

11. DhammaGamer

What do you mean, Karabulut?
    I don't "want to be a woman." I'm already a woman. I want my body to look like a woman's body. I was asking if female hormones can actually help change my body in ways that are noticeable or not. I read a recent post on a trans support forum that said they are overrated and it kind of made me nervous.

12. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I think there are MTF therapists that focus just on the transgender community, don't know if that's true or how much they cost. Maybe you should try to make a appointment?

13. KaraBulut

Legally and physically, you're a man. Not to dismiss how you feel but to be prudent, you shouldn't take hormones until you've discussed the implications with a therapist who specializes in gender identity issues. The standard for programs for transgender patients requires counseling to understand better what it is that is going on before taking any action.

Gender is not as black and white as taking hormones or changing physical appearance. There's a broad spectrum between male identity and female identity. It takes some time to really understand what is going on and what the best option is. And if hormone therapy is prescribed, it does require monitoring for psychological changes like depression and complications like blood clots and other side effects.

The first step is always to speak with a therapist who specializes in gender issues.

#13 KaraBulut, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  14. Aya McCabre

Corset training can create a narrow waste... but it is NOT a quick fix, a cheap option or something that is good for your body. I'm putting it here because it's a valid option if you wanted to pursue it, but it's something that needs a lot of looking into before committing too much. You may have seen diagrams like this warning of the long term effects, and this sort of thing isn't particularly reversible when it gets to that stage. Having said that, it can produce extreme, long term results, so it's a workable option if you wanted to go that route.