1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurt my ears?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Austin, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I accidentally had my computer volume on full blast watching a TV show on hulu (cus it still wasn't that loud), but I muted it after, and went and had dinner, came back, and turned music on and unmuted it stupidly and it was really loud >_< turned it down right away, but ugg. Can this damage my ears? I did this like 2 weeks ago with my ipod too! Grr!

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It can, if you listen to it too long at that volume. Since you turned it off really quick you most likely just shocked your ears. They will ring for a while, but nothing really bad should happen. (like you shouldn't go deaf or anything)

3. starfish

Sounds have to be really loud to damage your hearing that quickly.

I used to have a handy reference but I ca't find it right now. To instantly damage your hearing we are talking about something like a jet taking off at 100 feet without hearing protection.

Then again if you are 100ft from a jet taking off without hearing protection, your hearing is likely the last thing you are concerned about.