1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gluten Intolerance

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by FindingPeace, Nov 9, 2011.

1. FindingPeace

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyone out there in the world gluten intolerant too? I'm somewhat newly diagnosed and I am having a really bad time of sticking to this stupid breadless (for all intents and purposes- lifeless) diet. Are there things out there that are gluten free that actually taste good enough to not want to consider just eating something I'm allergic to anyway? I come from a family of really big italian food fans... this is sooo not going well for me. Any advice would be really appreciated.

2. Mogget

A number of my friends have Celiac's disease. And there's plenty of food you can eat. There are gluten-free flours that you can bake with, rice is gluten-free and perfect for stir fries, and as gluten-free diets become more popular, there'll be more and more good gluten-free products available. A local pizzaria makes gluten-free pizzas that are just as good as regular ones.

3. BushHippie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm diagnosed celiac & dairy intolerant too.

Is there good gluten free food? If you mean marketed towards us, probably not! You might find a bunch of things you like that I didn't but in my experience trying out all of those substitutes was a major waste of money for me and the only things I usually like in the gluten free section are things that shouldn't have gluten in them anyway (like dark chocolate, or coconut ice cream).

Try going the au naturale route. Learn to cook a little and you will always be able to make something great even quickly with just whole foods. If you're looking for sweets look into Malaysian/Viet/Filipino food because they are usually pretty celiac friendly. Other than that there are a few desserts here and there that aren't a poor substitute for the real thing.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not intolerant, but I've been eatten gluten free since I'm trying loose weight, so I'm with ya....kinda....ok I'll go now