1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coughing blood

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Yuya, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, I had a bad flu about 3 months ago, wouldn't stop coughing, had a sore throat and lost my voice at one point of time. I have never lost my voice before so I think it was quite serious then. I didn't go see the doctor but took cough mixture from the pharmacy and ate lozenges. Eventuary the sorethroat went off but the cough has been going on and off for the last 3 months.

Recently when coughing, I realized that there is abit of blood in it. The first time, it came with the mucas (Note usually my cough don't have mucas but one morning it had). The second time, there was blood for quite abit (about 1 minute) without mucas. But I could taste the blood in my mouth. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion about this. I am thinking of seeing the doctor as there is abit of uncomfortable-ness in my chest which is causing my coughing. Abit like asthma although I only have childhood asthma before and nothing else in the past few years.

In a non related question: My boyfriend has asthma and has been taking the inhaler regularly. The thing is I think sometimes he takes it far too much. (Maybe two or three times a night when he stays over). I've seen him buy new bottles twice since we started dating and assumes that he buys it very regularly. Is that normal for a person with Asthma or is he relying on it too much?

#1 Yuya, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you need to get your ass to the doctor, like now.

As far as Asthma if he is having trouble breathing he needs to take it. Some days are worse then other, when it's colder out it can dry out and irritate the wind pipe.

3. Doctor Faustus

What malachite said. Coughing up blood is never a good sign.

See a doctor immediately.

On the other note, as malachite said (^^), some people's asthma is worse than others and can come on easier than others. But really, seeing a doctor about your own situation would be the priority.

4. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not really alot of blood. Just like maybe two spits the first time. The second maybe had about 5 or 6 spits of blood.

Just wondering what kind of sicky I might have gotten lol..

5. Jim1454

It could be simply extreme irritation of the tissue due to the exessive coughing you've been doing. It shouldn't take 3 months for something like that to clear up, so I really do think you'd be wise to see your doctor.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yuya go to the doctor, if you die I'll have no one to play the image game with!!!!

7. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha yes malachite. don't think i'll die lol...

i'm just checking out my health cover and will go to the doctor either today or the soonest monday. thanks for the advice guys!

8. Junkist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Coughing up blood is fairly common when you had been coughing for quite some time due to the straining done on the blood vessels of your throat. Just don't worry too much. Get an appointment with GP and let him get you the reasons.