1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling peckish during exams.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by PlutonianShore, Nov 15, 2011.

1. PlutonianShore

I have no idea how, but the recent start of my year-end exams might have triggered an increase in my appetite...

During the 15 min. breaks I take from studying, when I go into the kitchen to make some coffee or green tea, I usually have this really big urge to eat something. Mostly I don't respond to this, and when I do, though, it's usually another apple or an extra slice of toast, so it's luckily not binging yet.

Is it normal, though?

2. Foxywolf

When I get nervous I have the urge to eat. Maybe it's something similar to this?

3. Junkist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's normal,don't worry.

Could be due to the energy you spent with those brainstorming while doing your revision. Or could be due to boredom with all those study to do and your body wanted to find something pleasurable yet simple to do - eat. I myself experienced the same thing when studying.

4. Vesper

I think it may have to do with stress from the upcoming exams, but Junkist's suggestion of boredom is also a likely cause. It could be both acting together.

It's normal.

5. Ben

Ben

I thought you meant during the exams. Because during exams is about the only time my stomach decides to rumble awkwardly.

I eat to procrastinate when studying. It sounds like you're staying healthy with fruit and things, though, which is good : )

6. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    That's crazy talk to me, as when I get nervous or busy I lose my appetite and have to force myself to eat! I guess we all react differently to things.

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Like everyone else said, its pretty normal :slight_smile:

I actually have a slight problem with it. I want to eat when I'm bored, stressed, procrastinate or see other people eat. Its sort of ridcs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My only advice is to keep sticking to the healthy snacks. I usually stick to jello (sugar free), pistachios, dried apricots, granola bars or ceral (special K with red berries is delicious). Every now and then I go for unhealthy stuff, but MAH I like food :grin:

8. stad90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I usually get really peckish while studying, and then dramatically stop eating anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days before the deadline/test date. Strangely enough, I've fixed both with good ol' water. Whenever I start to get binge-like hunger, I usually head for the water; likewise, when the major anxiety kicks in, I also try to drink plenty of water to keep something in my stomach.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, I do eat normally. I just have major anxiety that wrecks havoc on my eating schedule.