1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kangaroo workout?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MommaFrog, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MommaFrog

2. Aeon Magus

First thought: They've really gone all out inventing new and weird-looking health & fitness products. Those boots look awfully weird, definitely not something I'm used to seeing. And I can see how they could shape your body, granted you stick to a regime for using them.

Second thought: Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... bounce-bounce-bounce!

Third thought: ... :redface: I want me a pair of those.

3. Vesper

I need these boots, because they'd actually make me want to exercise. Bouncing like I'm in a low-gravity environment sounds incredibly fun. This is so going on my wish list.

4. Ridiculous

Gimmick.

Might be alright for a toy, but a complete waste of time for exercise. Using them won't make you burn any more energy than running without them (actually, you probably burn less energy with them because energy being stored in the springs and used to propel you forwards).

Plus wearing those would just discourage me from exercising because I'd look like a complete idiot while I was doing it.

Also all of the benefits that are listed there are from general exercise, not from using these boots (apart from possibly the balance and coordination.. which is another point, your chance of injury goes up about 10 times while wearing something like that. Try running in high heels and not twisting your ankle - same thing will happen here.)

Also, good luck going up hill.

edit: and they spelt 'kangaroo' wrong in the banner at the bottom.

5. Junkist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If this pair of Boots really work,it would have been popular by now. With that much of money on stake,might as well invest in good pair of running shoe.

6. Fiddledeedee

Probably lots of fun and might make you excersize more/in a different way, BUT they will probably also encourage you to step harder which will cause more problems when you are wearing normal shoes, as the unprotected steps will jarr shinbones and joints, and the shoes might encourage bad posture.

Nevertheless...

7. MommaFrog

I thought they looked fun... I saw them on the news, so I googled and started this thread. I think one problem would be when you bounce.... everything jiggles....

8. suninthesky

They look really awesome and I'd love to try them! But I'm a runner at heart.. so I don't appreciate them saying its better than running. >.>

They look too expensive to feasibly try.

9. flymetothemoon

There are some classes near where I'm moving that use these, and I've been a little tempted to try them out...mainly because I'm not supposed to run outside because of the impact on my knees, but I've been told (by a doctor) that these are supposed to lessen that impact and be better for your joints.

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll stick to jogging

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I would SOOO buy one of those but.. I'm scared of being judged... :bang::bang: