1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spots on tongue

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is kind of a hard thing to describe, basically two days ago I noticed on my tongue there were five or six dots on my tongue, about the size of the top of a pin so not very big, they were also not deep, not bumpy when i like say brought my finger across the area it felt no different than the rest of my tongue, nor is there really any severe discolouration its pretty much red like my tongue just slightly different red in that it stands out and I can obviously see them. There also is no pain or swelling, no difficulty swallowing, etc so I'm really just curious what could cause random spots on my tongue?

Also I noticed it at first primarily because they stood up against my tongue when it was yellow (a common occurrence that seems to form often after I've had tea or cookies...don't think it's thrush as my doctor never said anything regarding it, and its fairly easy to brush off except in the part of my tongue more to the back of mouth due to gag reflex, but it can also come off its just more difficult to do so because i gag before getting it). I know this is more of a total other thing but I just mention it because it more or less was noticeable at first but i notice tonight still there but no yellow on my tongue so yeah.

Any help would be nice so I know I'm not like super ill or anything.

2. Daisy1

Pretty sure that's normal. I had something similar a few years ago and they went away. Ask your dentist or doctor next time you go.

3. mike90

Do you often get swollen tonsils and what looks like gunk coming from them? If so it may be tonsil stones because that caused my tongue to become bumpy over time. If you have a photo I will tell you if it looks the same. Sometimes you have taste buds that swell up and they look like that too xx

4. Aeon Magus

Red Spots on Tongue

Treatments for red spots on the tongue depends on what's causing them to appear. So, as it suggests on that site, go consult your doctor to determine what those red spots on your tongue could be and what to do to remedy it.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm interesting.

To the tonsil question, no, I actually still have my tonsils at that. Never really had trouble with them so far.

As for the link, I have Asthma (though it hasn't raised its ugly head in years), and Eczema. So that might be why. Who knows.