1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohhh I do not like the dentist

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jessica816, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Jessica816

The many ways I hate going to the dentist, I'm not sure why I dislike going so much. I've never had a bad experience or anything. Long story short, went to the dentist on Monday and had a back bottom tooth removed. I should be a pro at getting extractions by now, I've had all four wisdom teeth removed on 3 different trips...Okay so maybe one bad trip, I got a dry socket with my last wisdom tooth worst pain of my life! Anyways, now I do believe the extraction site is infected, I'm scared to death to go back for some reason....Bleh

2. Vesper

I can sympathize...I had one of my wisdom teeth extracted in China by one of my mom's friends, an experienced dentist who has done these extractions probably hundreds or thousands of times. It was the worst pain I had ever felt, as the two local anesthesia injections didn't work (they caused a tingling feeling in my gums, but not loss of feeling); thankfully, the actual extraction didn't take too long. Apparently I behaved well, because I only sobbed uncontrollably instead of screaming and flailing. My dad swore off allowing me to have the rest of my wisdom teeth extracted in China, because the idea of having me completely knocked out before the surgery is more appealing.

I don't fault the dentist, because she did the best she could with what she had.

3. Jessica816

Wow Chouchou that sounds like a horrible experience that you had, im sorry you had to go thru that!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh... the dentist sucks... I always dread going to the dentist. I don't like the idea of people messing with my teeth. I also hate the smell of gloves that they wear too.

5. Jessica816

I hate everything about the dentist, the smell, the tatse of the nasty gloves and junk they use to numb your mouth..Eekk I just hate them, that's why I'm putting off going back even tho I know I for sure need to go back since I think there is something wrong with the extraction site.

6. Gallatin

When I was younger, I didn't mind going to the dentist. But as I've gotten a bit older, I've grown to dislike it more and more. My dentist is quite nice, but everything else about the place is simply intolerable. I also had to get my wisdom teeth out - quite possibly the worse medical experience I've ever had. The recovery (or lack thereof) after the procedure was excruciatingly slow and annoying, to say the least.

7. Jessica816

Wisdom teeth are the worst alex2020, I got my last one out in August, and it was the worst experience so far. I managed to get a dry socket and that's the worst kind of pain I've ever had to deal with..My dentist well surgeon rather is a very nice man, but I hate going to see him lol

8. Gallatin

Yes, well luckily I didn't get a dry socket, but unfortunately I had to have six wisdom teeth taken out instead of the usual four (there were two smaller teeth on top of the bottom wisdom teeth). So that made the whole process and recovery harder.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind the dentist, for now, luckily. I kinda enjoy the way my teeth feel after - feels like I've had a gum massage lol. And it's nice to get things checked up on. It's probably the only thing I consistently have checked.

10. Vesper

Thanks. It was a pretty bad experience, but it happened in a small hospital in China, so my view of dentists in general hasn't been tainted. I generally don't mind going because I know that it's good for my health, but I don't enjoy the sensation of various metal instruments moving around in my mouth.

When I was a child, I had to have six molars removed because of cavities that resulted from eating way too much candy. Don't remember that experience, though--I was probably knocked out by anasthesia. I don't know what's worse, a few minutes of excruciating pain or days (weeks?) of drowsiness, soreness, and uncontrollable drooling...

11. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

Well my word of advice is to always take the needle... trust me, i thought my filling came out of my front teeth (irregular place to get a filling) and i asked for no needle and well they started drilling my front teeth, not for very long though and it was THE WORST PAIN I HAVE EVER FELT...

so always take the needle a little pain for a lot less

12. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    AHDENTISTSTORIESRUNAWAAAYYYYYY!!!

XD

Anyway, this does actually make me feel glad that I respond well to general and local anesthesia (better than I do to topical, in fact). In the past ~three years, since I've gotten braces to get my upper adult eyeteeth out of the roof of my mouth (both were impacted, horizontal, and quite happy where they were, just rubbing on the roots of my other front teeth), I've been in for surgery twice.

First time seems about the same level as some of the stories, but probably messier XD All four wisdom teeth out, upper baby eyeteeth out, and extensive skin and bone removed from my palate to free the adult eyeteeth. It was an hour drive through the mountains to get back home (no, not me driving, fortunately), and sensation returned to my mouth before the ability to move it and my tongue with any degree of control - not very good for swallowing painkillers. I also spent the next week and a half/two weeks/something like that swelled up like a chipmunk and living on gatorade, yoghurt, and ice cream. And high on T3s XD (recommended dosage, of course)

So... considering that my whole orthodontic experience is because my dentist happened to notice a little extra white on an xray...

Down with dentists! They should only be allowed to clean teeth, not try to fix them :wink:

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had plenty of unhappy dentist stories. I had anesthesia wear off before a procedure was done (he could only give local), I had a dentist accidentally drill where he shouldn't have, and when I was nine or ten, I had a dentist berate me and call me a "little baby" when his hamfisted technique made me cry. It's the third one that hurt the most. :slight_smile:

I've managed to overcome it for the most part. I can't say as I rush to the dentist, but I've found one I know and trust, and I can face my dental demons with fortitude. :slight_smile:

Lex

14. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I once kicked my dentist in the balls because he was trying to inject me with aesthetic so he could take a tooth out. I was probably 9 at the time, eventually I had to be gasses while they did it. So basically I got gasses, they pulled out my tooth and I went home and sat on my bed laughing for the next few hours. Being high as a 9 year old (!)

15. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think everyone hates the dentist. I have all four wisdom teeth pulled at the same time because I only wanted to do it once. I remember them putting the gas mask on me, it only felt like a second before I woke up. I don't remember saying it but according to my mom as soon as I woke up I said "I could go for a steak" The whole next week I was hoped up on Vicodin and I recovered quickly, I guess I was lucky.

16. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    Aw, you got gas? -has never been gassed- >.> I either get local-locals (Novocaine injections), local anesthesia (as in nerves blocked, movement in the area prevented, and memory blocked - got to love those drugs), or general (in my case, propofol - which burns going in)... but they're all through needles. The latter two were both done intravenously.

On the other hand.... at least it's my sister and not me who's allergic to codeine :wink:

17. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I'm the odd one out when I say I love the dentist. XD
    I love the flouride they used to give me and the polish during cleanings, and even when I had my wisdom teeth out it wasn't bad at all.

18. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I, as most others have had bad expieriences at the dentist,resulting in me putting off going unless something is hurting.Although this is not a great idea,because prevention is better than cure,for me though it means i have to go to an emergency dentist who will be far more willing to remove the tooth than the average dentists who allways insist on removing nerves,filling and crowns.

I always think that the sooner my teeth are all gone the better,my mum,grandma,great aunt,great gran and now my only female cousin and me (GAY MALE ?)have all had our adult teeth come through without the hard outer layer on them,this means they wear quickly,discolour easy and are very sensitive and painfull.

All of the other males that have the same blood lines have perfectly good teeth (brother,cousins,uncles etc).Why should i get what was always said to only effect the women of our family?Does being gay mean i also need to get womens teeth as well as thier attraction to men?

19. Zontar

I still have one unerupted wisdom tooth and one partially erupted.

They ain't coming out until they hurt. =p

And I would NEVER get put out for a simple tooth pulling. Heard too many horror stories.

20. NickT

The doctor who pulled my wisdom teeth out looked hot so I didn't mind him in my mouth :wink: