1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

selling my womanly parts = COLLEGE EDUCATION :DDDD

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by addie88, Nov 20, 2011.

1. addie88

so i'm just planning ahead. and the task of paying for my college education is becoming a little daunting, lol. so i was thinking about selling my eggs...is this a good idea? i'm never gonna use them. does anybody know anything about this procedure? does it screw up your hormones? does it ruin anything? is it morally wrong? (only half joking about that one)

2. Katelynn

As far as Im aware, it's similar to donating sperm - there should be no effect on your hormones or your ability to produce more eggs. If you are really concerned with this tho, you should speak to your doctor or OBGYN about things more, as they can definitely answer questions you may have about this. Another thing to consider is possible future outcomes. Sometimes people can get stressed out later in life wondering about children they may have out there in the world, so just make sure that you consider every aspect & possible emotional issues you may have both now & later on in life. (*hug*)

3. seeksanctuary

Keep in mind that women are born with all the eggs they are ever going to have. If you still want children someday, be sure to save a couple for yourself! :wink: I'm mostly joking though, since women tend to have a million egg follicles before puberty and still have about four hundred thousand by the time they are teenagers... about 400 of those will mature into actual eggs. So you should have plenty.

Otherwise, there really aren't that many concerns as far as I'm aware. I'm sure there are risks, but that is something you'd have to discuss with a doctor.

Good luck!

4. KaraBulut

Egg donation is very different from sperm donation.

With egg donation, you're put on fertility hormones so that multiple eggs can be harvested.

The harvest is usually done directly from the ovary using a needle inserted through the abdomen.

There's no lasting effect, unless you have an adverse reaction to the hormone treatments (which is rare).

#4 KaraBulut, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  5. addie88

thanks guys. that helped a lot :slight_smile: