1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stomach Growling for no reason

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by factwithinfiction, Nov 20, 2011.

1. factwithinfiction

Exactly as the title says. My stomach would growl and rumble for no reason, I'm not hungry, I don't feel anything. This has been going on for a little while. Does anybody know a reason why this could be happening?

2. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

maybe u dont think you are hungry but your stomach think you are.

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone's stomach makes noise. It could simply mean you're digesting. I wouldn't think it's really a big deal. How long has this been happening?

4. factwithinfiction

For a couple of weeks or so. I mean it isn't common for it to be making so much noise at one time. It just randomly appears now and then if I eat or don't eat.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm. Like I said, it doesn't sound like it's anything serious but then again I'm no health expert. Maybe next time you go to the doctor you can have that checked out, unless it really starts bothering you a lot more I would recommend going sooner.

6. KaraBulut

Is it your stomach (which is on the edge of your rib cage in the upper left side of your abdomen? Or is lower on your belly?

7. throw

I used to have the same problem. I searched google years ago, and I think the proper term for it is "borborygmus", which pretty much just means you've got gas in your intestinal tract. For me, it comes and goes. I just realized that it hasn't happened in awhile, but it may come back at some point.

Perhaps this article will help you:
    Diet For Borborygmi | LIVESTRONG.COM

8. factwithinfiction

It usually happens below my belly and it just growls and sometimes I feel like it shifts and it doesn't hurt but it just feels weird.

And thank you Throw for the article =). Hopefully its just gas in my tract. I get it like you. It just comes and goes usually.

9. KaraBulut

Sounds from lower on the belly or on the right side of the belly are usually gas. You might want to add a bit more fiber to your diet and avoid foods that tend to be gas-forming.

10. factwithinfiction

What kind of common foods do you think I should stay away from that are gas-forming?

11. KaraBulut

The most common problem food in adults is dairy products that contain lactose. A lot of us lose the ability to digest lactose as we get older, leading to lactose intolerance. If you're drinking milk or eating products that contain milk (like ice cream or puddings), you might switch temporarily to lactose-free milk and see if that helps.

There's a list here of common foods that tend to produce more gas.