1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

medicine

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ppreston9, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

i have moderately bad acne on my forehead. u cant really see it, but if i cut my hair short u could.
    so, i was put on this medicine called acutane by my dermatologist. the medical name is isostrin i think.
    has anyone else ever been on this medicine.
    i know it is very controlled and has lots of risks for girls and pregnancy.
    i was just wondering if it is still safe to drink with this type of acne medicine

2. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

i was going to get it but my mom got me this soap that is amazing and really clears me up. ACCUTANE CAN CAUSE DEPRESSION,LIVER PROBLEMS that can also lead to bad breath,and other side effects. And also can lead to suicide thoughts. And you have to take it percisley to the amount they say.

3. dictionary

Yeah i belive most acne medications can have negitive mental health side effects key word being CAN.

Im on an acne medication called dorix (i think thats how you spell it) but dont expect it to stop imediatly cause acne is an infection benith the skin so its still important to use face washes and scrubs.

4. sdc91

My older brother used Accutane. It peels your face and it's all peeled-up for like 6 months, but it worked for him. His skin is all cleared up and there is hardly any visible acne scarring now (he's 22, and he used it probably 5 years ago).

5. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

yeah i used doryx and it didnt have any effect on me. accutane was my last resort and option

6. Urman

Urman Guest

Only if u trust the product that the doctor gave you then use other wise don't take the risk

7. dictionary

Im not sure if accutaine has a different name here in australia
    i think ther eis a realy strong one the one ill go onto if this one dosent work called roactain but i think that could be a medication to get rid of animal heart worm lol

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My daughter has used advice from a website called www.acne.org and her skin is really clear now.

9. justjoshoh

As far as your drug interaction with alcohol question... check with your pharmacist. Even if you just call in and ask, without giving personal information. They should not condone underage drinking (nor am I) but for your health, the information should be provided. Pharmacists have access to clinical pharmacology, a reference for drugs and the interactions they have with other drugs and products.

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A friend once told me that accutane was one of the strongest drugs known to man, so it's good that you're only using it as a last resort. Make sure you follow your prescription precisely and like justjoshoh said, call and ask someone who knows with respect to accutane's interactions with alcohol.

Oh, plus you can Google "accutane alcohol" and come up with stuff like this: http://www.acnehome.com/accutane-and-alcohol.html

Sounds like drinking while on it is a really bad idea.