1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Period (Yep guys, not for the men folk)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MommaFrog, Nov 22, 2011.

1. MommaFrog

So, lately my period has been crazy painful. I know that they can get worse after you have a kid, and I also have an IUD.

But it has gotten to the point where I double over in pain, which is not fun... at all

I've also started getting intense headaches, borderline migraines, while im having my period.

Should I be worried? What's up with this?

2. Dasc Crescent

Well I am not female and know little on the subject, however, I do know my sister had really, really intense pains, The doctor then said she MUST take le pill, because I mean, it was bad, apparently its just unlucky genes or whatever, not unhealthiness, but to be safe, go to a doctor, rather be safe than sorry, you still need your uterus for a while.

3. Sadepeura

I don't know how having a child would affect, because I don't have experience on the matter but apparently it can chance a lot of things in your body because of the hormones. It might not be anything very serious, but I would recommend you to go and see a doctor, because it's causing you a lot of pain and they can at least subscribe you with the right pain killers so that you can get by in your life. And also, then you will find out why you're in so much pain and they can make sure that everything is alright. :slight_smile:

4. zillymilly

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, I agree -- good time for a doctor visit, just to be safe..as for migraines, I live with them on an almost daily basis and it's in my genes apparently to be cursed with them for always.. but sometimes the horomonal fun that happens during our periods stirs up the pot labelled "sob-inducing-head-pain" and they happen more often, that could be it.. I know a lot of people that this happens to.. still, best to get it all checked out..

If these migraines are happening outside of your periods, then you may want to start looking for other "triggers" but if it is purely during your time of the month, it's probably safe to say it is your hormones doing the triggering.. theres medication for migraines out there, though none of it works for me really, unless it's the good stuff, you may also get an MRI to check everythings okay.. but.. yeah, doctor visit and go from there.. it could be anything :slight_smile: but it's probably not a huge deal, maybe the pill would help ya out..

tc and goodluck

5. KaraBulut

The level of pain you're describing is not typical of what most when experience during their period. The clinic term is dysmenorrhea (aka menstrual cramps). You should talk with your OB/Gyn.

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would go to the OB/GYN because it sounds like you're in a lot of pain. I'm in a sexuality class and we talked about IUDs. The Planned Parenthood lady said that IUDs can make menstrual cramps worse for some people. You may want to talk to your doctor about the IUD and if there are any other options if it is the IUD causing the pain. I think also pregnancy does change your hormones and possibly your physical responses.