1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mike90, Nov 23, 2011.

1. mike90

Just a question... is anyone else on here allergic to latex? If so do you know of any brand of tubigrip (compression bandage) that is non latex? I have to order them specially from the hospital and they will only give me so many because there is always a "supplier problem". Even the pharmacies that are here don't have a clue. As you may have seen from previous threads I have fibromayalgia and struggle to move without some form of support bandage on my bigger joints. I have splints for my wrists and they are sorting some for my knees but I have plenty more joints that are sore lol?

Also anyone on here who has problems finding other non latex stuff let me know and I may be able to help xx

2. MamaFugs

I'm allergic to latex too, though I've never had to look for compression bandages. I googled 'non latex compression bandages' and found a number of websites that you can order them online from. That may be the simplest way to get enough.

3. mike90

I have tried looking on there and have ordered before. I am dubious about ordering anymore because I ended up in the hospital as a result. Apparently the "non latex" ones I ordered should have read "low latex" lol. I think I may have to grit my teeth and make another order, hoping for the best. Thank you for replying :slight_smile: xx