1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horribly depressed w/o meds

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by txnathrt, Nov 28, 2011.

1. txnathrt

Out Status:
    Some people

I take cymbalta for depression and PTSD. I have been taking it for a decent time now and I know how important it is for me to stay on it. Unfortunately, I got pneumonia and missed a week and a half of work. I can't afford to get a new script and refill it for a few more days. My life is ok... I. Was recently offered agreat salary job I love that I can start soon. But instead of being happy, I'm struggling not to burst in to tears, my nightmares are constant. I have no appetite and I Can barely get a handful of words out. How do I make it to payday ( 5 days) til I can get my meds?

2. TraceElement

I would call your doctor and let them know that you don't have the money to buy a refill. Some doctors offices recieve some "trial scripts" of meds to give to their patients, or can call in special things to the pharmacy on an emergency basis. Also, pharmacies may know if a drug company offers discounts on the meds and stuff like that.
    BUT, if that falls through, try listening to some soothing sounds, like waterfalls, on youtube or something. Try to structure your environment to reduce the triggers that can throw your system off and make you upset. Try to think positive... I know this is hard when dealing with depression, but if you post notes of encouragement in your work space it could help.

3. txnathrt

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the advice. Thats great to know. Another five days of depression like this probably would not do m good. I am going to call tomorrow and see if they have trials or anything available until I get paid.

4. RaeofLite

I've heard of my province having what is called a Plan G, people who aren't paid a lot go on it and get basic prescriptions at the price someone would who had health insurance. Maybe they have that where you live?

I would also ask for sample packs of what you had since your doctor might be willing to give it to you knowing you're in a rough spot. Just explain the situation.

5. starfish

It has been a few days since you posted. Was you doctor able to get you set up?

6. RedState

Any type of medication like this should not be stopped abruptly...it can reek havoc on your central nervous system if you do...they need to be tapered down..you have other options out there that you need to discuss with your doctor if you cannot afford your current protocol. I would suggest you do that as soon as you can.

7. txnathrt

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was able to get a few weeks of samples from a doctor,and a new prescription that I can pick up on pay day. I have insurance, but the medication is coming pay is non formulary and the co pay is absurd.

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2011 at 12:03 PM ----------

I also meant to say that I am feeling much better, and thank you all for your advice.

8. starfish

I glad your doctor was able to help you out.

9. mike90

I am on the same stuff... changed from sertraline. It is evil I tell you. I have been feeling like I have been beaten since I went on it, and just dreadful in general. If I am awake I want to cry and if I am asleep I have nightmares and wake up in tears. I wish I didn't have to take the stuff but I am worse without it. If I come off the meds I end up being treated at the hospital for injuring myself :frowning2:. I know it is hard but stick with it and see if you can get enough pills so you have a week or two in advance so if you get stuck like it again with no meds you will have an emergency supply of them to tide you over. xx