1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Trans men: Abs?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Wolfy, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Wolfy

For some time I've always wanted abs, or some type of pack and I always envied guys who'd brag. I did wrestling for 8 years and got nothing out of it. I was in shape, but really no muscle development.

So for transmen off hormones. Is there any excursises/eating plans, or well anything I could take to increase testosterone levels to build muscle better? Or anything I could get like protien shakes?

2. Mogget

I know the ability to develop abs is somewhat dependent on body type; many cis-men can't develop them either. You also have to have ridiculously low body fat percentage, but I think that a woman or trans-man might be able to develop abs.

3. person54

As someone who did way too many sports in High School I was around a lot of male and female athletes. Lots of people actually had really strong ab muscles in our athletic programs. The catch is that how a persons body fat is distributed always played a big role in whether or not we could tell someone had abs even when they were strong ab muscles.

The couple girls that certainly had some definition, I think at some point focused most of their work on abs and sort of did what guys do when they try to get big. They worked the targeted muscles hard in quick sets or bursts in a workout. Gave them a day or two recovery and hit it again, but only like two ab workouts in a week.

Our coaches told us we should be getting as much whey protein or tuna as soon after workouts as possible. (apparently the body was supposed to accept it faster) and make sure to get heavier red meats at some point to be sure the body had enough protien to rebuild.

Your best bet on finding exercises is either asking for advice about ab excercisses at your high school gym or looking on the internet/youtube.

4. Glispee

Glispee Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some basic and easy exercises for 6 pack abs are leg lifts, the plank, and the crunch.
    These exercise can be performed on the floor with an exercise mat. For the six pack abs, a person has not only strengthened their abs by performing exercises, but also follow a diet and workout routine that hilp him to have a low body fat and help to visible abdominal muscles.