1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lesbian safe sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

ok, i don't even have a girlfriend, and i'm not planning on becoming sexually active soon, but i figure, i may as well know before it happens and then i won't be caught out, right? :icon_wink

so what are the sensible precautions for safe lesbian sex? for example, with oral sex, do you really have to use those dental dam things? it's pretty hard to find any info on what's risky or not and how to protect yourself...

2. TriBi

Well - I don't think I'm exactly well placed to give the advice you need - but I DO applaud you for your commonsense thinking. :icon_bigg

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was able to find this information, hope it helps.

How to Protect Yourself from STDs and HIV
    by Kathy Belge
    Safer sex for lesbians and bisexual women is a way to protect yourself from contracting or transmitting sexually transmitted diseases including HIV and AIDS. But what exactly is safer sex? And how can you be sure you’re protected?

First the disclaimer. If you’re sexually active, there is no 100 percent protection against contracting a sexually transmitted infection. But there are some things you can do to make your play safer.

The best way to protect yourself from contracting a sexually transmitted disease is to keep your partner’s body fluids out of your body. These fluids include vaginal fluids, blood, menstrual blood, breast milk, and semen.

Here are some low-risk activities:

Masturbation (only touching yourself)
    Cybersex
    Nipple and breast stimulation when not lactating
    Erotic massage
    Body rubbing
    Kissing
    Using a sex toy with a condom (be sure to use a new condom if sharing sex toys)
    Cunnilingus (oral sex) with a barrier, such as a glove, dental dam or plastic wrap
    Vaginal or anal contact with a latex glove

The following activities are Risky:

Unprotected cunnilingus, especially when a woman is bleeding
    Unprotected rimming
    Sharing sex toys without a condom
    Sharing needles
    Unprotected fellatio
    Unprotected penis/vaginal intercourse
    Unprotected penis/anal intercourse

4. Ty

Ty Guest

So lesbians put on rubber gloves before having sex?

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

thanks becky. but all that dental dam, latex glove stuff sounds quite... i dunno, clinical. how can oral sex feel good when you're not touching each other? :confused: or is that dangerous std-spreading talk? is it necessary every time?

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well as a mom, I have to give you the "straight talk". LOL As a woman who happens to enjoy sex very much, (when I'm fortunate enough to get it! lol) I would say that you should trust your partner, don't give oral (without the protection) if you have any kind of sores in your mouth. Lesbian sex is probably the safest form of sex (except for masturbation) that you can have. Just know and trust your partner.....and if you don't, use the protections available or don't do it at all. :slight_smile:

7. Zec24

Good questions and good advice. I agree with Becky, you shouldn't do anything without protection. So many people are sexually active these days before you meet them, and some are unfortunately not honest about everything they have done. I think it would take me years of trust to have sex without protection, but then maybe that's just me.

8. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Becky has a PhD in Motherhood/Good Sense/Advice. She is a smart cookie all the way around and I would certainly follow her advice as it is right on.

9. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

:roflmao:

10. Kimi

So that's a sexual activity?

Anyways, it was interesting to know how things work in lesbian sex:slight_smile:

11. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

that does not sound pleasant to me !

12. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    sounds like a good old fashioned cavity search to me :frowning2:

I agree with what Becky says though, and I suppose it applied to all sexual relationships. If you're new to it.. try to be as safe as possible, condoms on sex toys, etc.. at the end of the day there could be so much you don't know about this persons sex life.

As the relationship becomes more cemented and after you've gotten to get a feel for what your partner is like then depending on your gut feeling you may be able to take more calculated risks. Either after both getting tested, or after finding out how much of a smart cookie your partner is when it comes to staying protected.

I for example wouldn't be too worried about protection if i was in a monogamous relationship for say a year or so.

Just use your common sense as I'm sure you will... especially after making such a sensible thread. Well done

13. waitingsucks

THis is good info, hardly any1 talks about gay safe-sex let alone lesbian safe-sex.

14. panda

I know this is in poor taste,but it sure crashes all my lesbian sexual fantasies.

15. Urman

Urman Guest

How about scissoring do girls really do that (just wondering)

16. InaRut

Ick Me neither. Maybe if you were roleplaying....
    Well...there are flavoured Gloves. Maybe those can be fun. lol

I'm curious too...damn South Park:dry:

17. Kimi

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

18. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read somewhere that cunnilingus (mouth on vagina) was actually much riskier than fellatio (penis in mouth). Would someone please inform me about this? I don't plan on doing the former anytime soon but I might want to someday...

19. waitingsucks

I was just wondering, do girls actually lactate during sex? It just seem a little icky

20. Ty

Ty Guest

Rofl

What a sight, a bunch of gay guys talking about lesbian sex XD

I think they do scissor.... hmmm... Dammit im curious now!

But like someone above said, it does sound very clinical... like putting on a lab coat and your gloves before having sex ~ it could be someone's fetish! But i doubt everyones into that =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.