1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food allergies

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mischa91, Dec 8, 2011.

1. mischa91

I've been vegan for about 5 years, i went off dairy products because i was getting really bad indigestion and that seemed to take care of it. I've noticed recently that when i drink soy milk i've been getting stomach cramps. Is it possible to develop an intolerance to foods like soy over a period of time?

I think i'm going to go see an allergist just to be sure, i would go to my regular doctor since i have a persistent cough and am generally feeling run down but honestly she just gives me antibiotics and sends me away.

2. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

I think thats possible since it has kinda hppened to me already. I haven't drank any milk for a period of about 3 years and i think im mildly lactose intolerant. i get stomach cramps after i drink milk/ eat cheese...

3. Benjaminba78

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yes it is I had the same problem when I drank soy milk so yes it can happen

4. Stuie

Go see an allergist. You definitely shouldn't be being prescribed antibiotics when there's no evidence of a bacterial infection and it sounds like it could be allergic from your description.

5. mischa91

Yeah, i'll make an appointment. Unfortunately i tend to get bronchitis every year so when i go in with a cough etc that's the first thing my dr goes to.