1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advantages to barebacking...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JohnnyBoy, Jan 14, 2012.

1. JohnnyBoy

...what are they? My initial thought is greater pleasure/sensitivity between my boyfriend and I...we are both completely negative and are monogamous.

People with experience, is it worth it or should we stick to condoms?

2. Bedroom Hymns

Hmmm... I don't have experience, but I'll tell you that the top could get some kind of infection because of the fecal particles and stuff.

Okay let's wait till someone who actually knows enough about this posts.

3. JohnnyBoy

That's our main worry at this point

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're using some of the newest, ultra-thin, quality condoms, the difference is pretty much nonexistent. There's all sorts of romantic BS people like to spout about "Oh, I want to feel you without a barrier" and crap like that but it's just that... crap.

On the downside, there are potential hygiene and infection risks as you've mentioned, and the really big risk: that the person you're with, whom you're absolutely convinced is 100% faithful and would never, ever do anything to hurt you, could cheat, get infected with something, not tell you (or not know, which is more common), and you could get infected. And keep in mind that one of the periods of highest risk of infection from HIV is after infection, but before the person shows positive on an HIV test.

I personally know several people to whom this has happened under these circumstances. In one case, with gonorrhea, in two others with HIV. Any STI can be pretty devastating, but HIV is, even today, a lifetime of stigma, inconvenience, medications, tests, and medical complications.

I don't mean to be anti-romantic, but honestly, there's no logical or practical reason not to use condoms, and plenty to use them, so it's kind of a no-brainer.

5. JohnnyBoy

Thanks Chip...I use the fancy new Trojan "Bare Skin" condoms, so errrrr, I won't feel a difference really?

6. Ridiculous

The only advantage is that you don't have to have a condom (as in, you don't have to buy one and have it with you). But if you're going to have sex you're going to have to have lube, and if you have lube then its pretty easy to have a condom there too, so this is a non-issue.

There are no other benefits, just downsides (and the downsides are pretty big, as Chip has mentioned).

7. splattered

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I use lifestyle skynn or trojan ultra thin with my partner and I'm very aware sometimes that I'm wearing a condom. But I don't even like the role I have in sex so that doesn't help.

8. EnglishTeenS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I bareback with my boyfriend and honestly it is a lot more pleasurable than condoms, yes there are risks but that is an advantage :slight_smile: And the whole intimacy is better ... plus not having to buy condoms :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha

9. Bedroom Hymns

I'd only bareback with someone who I know very well, has taken tests and is a virgin :slight_smile:.

10. Paper Heart

I would say make sure that your boyfriend cleans regularly (enemas and/or anal douches), as to lower the risk of infection. However, as long as you guys are careful (agreed monogamous) and do not plan to change that, I see very little issue otherwise (that wasn't previously stated).

11. starfish

Then why do you do it?

12. JohnnyBoy

I wanted to ask the same thing.