1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser Hair Removal

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DhammaGamer, Jan 16, 2012.

1. DhammaGamer

So I had my consult last saturday and will be having my first session this saturday. I'm getting my full face done. The original charge is $103, but since I had to wait an hour and a half to see my technitian, they are cutting the charge in half. I can't wait!

The technitian told me it's going to hurt pretty bad particulalry around the lips, so I'm a little nuervous, but more excited than anything. I can't believe things are finally happening! yay

2. Hexagon

This is really good! Hope it goes well :slight_smile:

3. KaraBulut

That's really cheap for laser treatments. Usually an area like the neck or chin would cost about $100 in the US.

Did they do a patch test on you? Is the person administering the treatment a licensed professional like a nurse or doctor? Did you have a consult with a doctor?

4. DhammaGamer

They did a patch test, and the typical price is $103 a visit. I'm getting half off the first visit because I had to wait for the technitian to arrive. She is licensed and it is an upscale spa so I trust their credentials.

5. Bedroom Hymns

Congratulations!!!

I've been thinking about doing this to certain areas in my body, but seeing how expensive it is I think I won't do it anytime soon :slight_smile:.

6. toremi

toremi Guest

I have had laser hair removal done and mine was extremely cheap and unfortunately hasn't worked really well.

I got my neck done and upper back, just to remove what hair I had there (which wasn't alot). I got a groupon for it so it was like 200 bucks for 6 sessions. The sessions are hugely rushed and technicians don't seem to care about doing a good job. When they actually take their time and do it the way they are suppose to the hair stays away for long AND seemingly thins. But it hasn't been the case everytime.

I don't know about the face but my back doesn't hurt at all (I think cause there is like no hair and it is thin). On my neck where it is a bit thicker and darker it kinda burns a bit... but the pain isn't too extreme -- so here is hoping it will be the same for your face!

#6 toremi, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  7. MK5golf

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hmm, methinks permanent hair removal on the face would require epilation(?) I hear laser isnt permanent on facial hair, but surely, results WILL vary. Im sub'd to this thread as I am in a similar situation as the OP, lemme know how it goes. BTW, laser works best on people with a light skin tone and with dark hairs. Do you happen to fit that profile? If so, lucky you. If not, you may want to research what would be better for your situation.

8. KaraBulut

Laser directs energy down the shaft of the hair and into the follicle. In some cases, this kills the germ cell at the base of the hair. When this happens, the hair will not regenerate.

In some cases, stem cells regenerate the structures in the follice and a new hair will grow in the place where the hair was previously located. This regenerated follicle will produce a hair with pigment that looks very much like the hairs that were removed by the laser.

In other cases, the hair follicle partially recovers and produces an unpigment hair which appears white or blond.

That is correct. Dermatologists who specialize in laser procedures see a lot of botched laser removals. If you have dark pigment in your skin, the laser can leave a square bleached area on the skin, producing a checkerboard pattern of depigmentation. There are some newer lasers that are supposed to be more effective on lighter colored hairs but in general, the darker the hair, the more effective the laser is at removing it permanently.

In rare cases, the laser can produce a severe burn. This is why a patch test should always be done and laser procedures should be done by licensed technicians under the supervision of a physician.

9. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck on this!! I hope it goes really well for you :icon_bigg

I've thought of having it done on my neck because I get some ingrown hairs and they can be a real pain and last weeks. What pisses me off is I don't even shave, I just use a beard trimmer w/o the guard so it cuts the hair above the skin surface. How the hell do those get ingrown? :tantrum:

10. sexyalex

Good luck. I know many people who do it and have been doing it for some time now. They vertically grow no hair in the respective areas and it's quite a pleasurable feeling. You will love it. :slight_smile:

11. Cristelle

Great stuff! How did it go? I may have missed it, but where did you receive your treatments? I'm interested in laser hair removal, but I don't know where to receive my treatments.

:bang::bang:

12. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmmm i'm a bit jealous i've thought about doing laser hair removal but if i was to do it...i would want it done almost everywhere lol