1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master Cleanse (Lemonade diet)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JohnnyBoy, Jan 16, 2012.

1. JohnnyBoy

I did a search but couldn't find anything on the subject. Today I embarked on the "Master Cleanse" diet. It consists of only consuming a mixture of water, Grade B Organic maple syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. I know it sounds pretty gross, but I'm determined to see it through.

My weight always fluctuates in the winter and I normally gain 10-15 lbs. It took a while to lose the first 5 and I'm taking this as a final push to get rid of the last 5-10 lbs. It's only the first day but I think I'm doing alright. My roommate and his girlfriend cooked a tasty looking dinner and I just looked on drinking my mixture.

I've always eaten pretty healthy but my downfall is beer. I drink....a lot. And my daytime healthiness is killed when I get drunk all the time and eat a ton of crap right before I go to bed. I'm not using this cleanse as a quick way to fit into an outfit but more a jumping off point to continue a healthier lifestyle. I was 170 this morning and I'll keep yall posted on how it goes.

Has anyone else ever tried this or something similar? Did you just get quick results then see nothing at all after stopping it?

2. Allecto

Don't do it! The results will be temporary and you'll probably do a lot of damage to your body. Don't eat before bed and cut down on the beer.

3. KaraBulut

It's a dehydration diet. It basically dehydrates the body- making you pee off weight. When you start eating again, you gain back the water and often gain a few extra pounds at the same time.

If you want to lose weight, eat smaller, more frequent meals. Or use a reasonable diet plan like Weight Watchers. And exercise.

4. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

I've done this for a few days in the past. I think it's supposed to be for 10 days. I started liking the taste. My tip is to put together a 'menu' of what you will eat at the end of this (veggies first or you'll die of a stomach ache), then later lean proteins. buy stuff a day or two before you're done that's healthy to snack on too (celery, fruit, low carbs etc) for after you're complete it. and beer will toxify you in a minute lol, so yeah, steer clear.

snacking is my main problem... the key is to make a good eating and exercise plan for any of this to last. i'm 170 now too and 5'9" and working out, so some of that is muscle, but i could stand to lose about 9 lbs to get toned. so i may just join you on this.... hmmmmm.

#4 Sunsetting, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  5. sanguine

omg ive done this too, its called detox?

my brother was on it because he had to lose weight and a doctor suggested eating healthy and trying detox to clean out some of the bad stuff in the liver,

anyways long story short i ended up doing it with him just to prove anyone can do it and i can tell you now, it is horrible, i lasted 3 days before sneaking in some chocolate and a Big mac on the side.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well and... no offense but... you know what the problem is, it's the beer. That will put on weight pretty quickly. So the logical solution is to cut back on the beer and alcohol, replace that with water or tea, and look where else in your diet you're adding calories.

One thing to remember about those crazy diets is that most of the time you actually end up with more weight by the time you're done. If you just cut down the beer and alcohol and the rest of your caloric intake, add some decent exercise... you'll get the weight off, keep it off, and as an added bonus, have more energy and feel better :slight_smile: