1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linea Nigra (or other brown line on my stomach)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zontar, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Zontar

I appear to have a Linea Nigra running down from the top of my pubic hair to the waistline. It's a brown line, 1cm in diameter like the description suggests. It's been there as long as I can remember.

There's just one problem. I'm not pregnant...pretty damn sure, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So, what does this mean on males? I'm not on any sort of hormone therapy...should I have blood tests done to check my T levels?

2. KaraBulut

Linea nigra or linea negra is a term that is used almost exclusively to describe abdominal pigmentation in pregnant women.

There are some teenage guys who also get a dark pigmented line during puberty. Sometimes it is hard to see since most guys also have a line of hair that is in the same area.

3. Zontar

The one I have is dark, definitely noticeable, and extends down into my crotch area, where I also have what I guess is just natural discoloration. I'm also in my early twenties...still anything to worry about or am I good?