1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We all have something we're not proud of...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by IanGallagher, Jan 28, 2012.

1. IanGallagher

I'd like to be lean. Wide elbows makes me look big although I'm still becoming muscular. However, last night a lean friend who's shorter than me said --

"You're big, you get to work out and get muscles. I could never be muscular even if I tried."

I never thought he looked at me that way before. I didn't bring up my own insecurities. But I could definitely sense it was something he wasn't proud of. It just took me by surprise.

Reason I'm making this thread is to probably show how absurd this whole physical appearance thing is. I want to be leaner. He wants to be wider. Someone wants to be taller. Someone wants to be shorter. In the end? I think just being healthy matters.

Who knows, the point I'm hoping to get across here, may help those with poor-self image.

2. Vesper

You are right. At the end of the day, being healthy matters more than anything.

Like you, I want to be leaner and more muscular, but I knew some people who would be happy to be able to gain weight and muscle at all because they're simply unable to do either no matter how hard they try. We can feel guilty about losing just a few pounds, when others would be happy to be able to lose any weight at all.

On a similar vein, some women want bigger breasts, but some would love to have smaller ones because they're ashamed of the sizes of theirs. Of course, there are those whose breasts are so large as to seriously affect their daily lives, but for most, it's how big or small theirs are relative to others', and not absolute size. The same goes for "curves" on a female body, length of legs compared to the torso, etc.

#2 Vesper, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012