1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas to gain in height?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Chickzak, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Chickzak

Random question, just wondered any tips on what to do or any diet tips to become even an inch taller? Someone I know always says, the more fitter you are, the taller you'll get .. I dont think thats accurate :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Any ideas?

[this was going to go in Chit Chat.. but I thought it might be more related to health :slight_smile:]
    Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm...hope that you grow some more? Pretty sure your friend isn't right HOWEVER, I think you can be taller by being fitter in that when you're fitter, your posture does change, you're not carrying as much weight which could make you stand taller and look taller....other than that....yeah...

3. TraceElement

Pray you have another growth spurt coming?

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm not a doctor but I think exercising, or doing things to promote bone strength could help. But hey if it doesn't work it isn't a big deal, short people live longer anyway.:slight_smile:

5. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

people have growth spurts till there about 22, that's genetic. but no exercise will make you taller, however, it may make you 'look' taller because of form and posture (as revan said) and you'll be healthier which is really good. i'm the runt of my family, so sometimes i feel like a tiny guy at 5'9" but i work out so my brothers are always secretly jealous and sometimes not lol.

two friends of mine look so tall because of their integrity and wonderful personalities. and honestly, my perspective changes because of who they are. they're both at least a foot shorter than i am. i would suggest that you are perfect as you are chickzak. see your height as a gift...which you truly are; exactly with your height as is.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About all you can do is work on your posture, and pray for genetics to be on your side. When I entered college at age 18, I was the second-shortest guy in my "group". When I graduated, I was the second-tallest.

Lex

7. Rinamir Mortem

The only thing that comes to mind is the use of a rack. But like everyone says, gaining growth through means other than your body doing it for you is near impossible.

Besides, who needs to be taller. Taller people are generally at a disadvantage when it comes to places with low ceilings anyway :grin:

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    High heels

9. No One

Embrace being short. I would KILL to be shorter.

10. Zontar

Ugh, me too. There's no feeling quite like when your partner is taller and bigger than you. .///.

11. b0i70y

Eating nutritiously will help, as will taking a multivitamin once a day. Exercise can help, too. You don't really stop growing completely until your early twenties.

Average height for girls is about 5'2", last time I checked. *shrug*

For guys it's about 5'8", so Sunsetting, you're fine. :slight_smile:

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Ugh, me too. There's no feeling quite like when your partner is taller and bigger than you.

I wouldn't know. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. toremi

toremi Guest

I wish I could still grow 2-3 inches and I am 6'1.... it's no fun when your 'little' brother out grows you.

Come on... give me a 3 inch growth spurt at 25!

14. Bradley

Honestly, if you are 18, you probably won't grow much more (height wise that is). Your posture, the clothes you wear or your hair could help you look and feel taller though.

There are some ways to get taller...but I don't think you want to go down that path: Bone Stretching - YouTube

15. Skiel

Skiel Guest

i agree with austin high heels are a fast easy alternative. but i don't think you can grow anymore liek everyone else has said...

and anybody else jealous of this dude? :lol:

16. Marlowe

Posture is pretty much all you can do, and it does make a difference. Because your discs compress throughout the day you are actually about an inch taller in the morning than at night. Working on core strength will help improve posture.

My advice would be to own your height, even if you wish to be taller. At 5'4" only about 2% of men are shorter than me. Buying pants is a nightmare, but it no longer bothers me that I am shorter than other people. I am a teacher and it is kind of interesting that I am physically smaller than almost all of my students by the time they are seniors, yet I have never felt that my stature has ever been a problem. I make it clear by my confidence that I am in charge, and you have to do the same. Yeah, stature does play dynamics in a relationship and especially the way others perceive it, but there is not much you can do about.

17. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Dude.. you 6"1!!! that is a awsome height!!!.. :dry:

18. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm not sure but I've heard at times that girls hit their maximum height younger than guys. You could ask a doctor though to be sure if you're done growing and whatnot. Who knows what will happen.

You could wear heels if you want but I'd say embrace your height! Most people don't care if a girl is shorter and I think it can be cute. Love yourself for who you are! I have a guy friend who is 5'3" and he is very nice, cute, and smart. I don't think anyone cares how short he is. And my cousin (female) is 6'1". She's very pretty and was a model for a while. Love your body! :slight_smile:

19. Hexagon

For a girl of your age, your bones would normally have fused, leaving you no way to grow. the thing about fitness, I think, is that in extreme cases of high exercise in mainly pre-pubertal girls, periods won't start, and hormones won't cause bones to fuse. Sorry.

20. Bedroom Hymns

I wish I was shorter :frowning2:.