1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sinus pain :((((

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by flyinhernikes, Feb 5, 2012.

1. in so much pain.
    its only been 2 days but ugh, i just want rid of this pressure/pain.

im taking garlic capsules, drinking orange juice, taking sudafed (decongestant stuff) and paracetamol.
    but i want this pain awaaay!

ive read somewhere that snorting salt water helps.
    has anyone tried it?
    if not anyone got any other remedies that help? :icon_sad:

2. mike90

Very hot water, but not boiling and breath in the steam. If you have any menthol and eucalyptus solution or olbas oil, or menthol crystals then add them as per the instructions to the hot water.

Try not to lay down, instead prop yourself up on pillows. If you have not already tried and have any take a hay fever or allergy tablet (lotradine) because it may be that they will help.

Also make an appointment to see your GP if you get no better because you may need antibiotics. NHS 24 (0845 247247 I think) may be able to help more if you need it.

Hope this helps because I am feeling the same at the moment. Sinus pain is a bitch lol xx

3. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stand in the shower, point the shower head where it wont hit you but is still in the tub. Put it on full blast and le it ge super steemy. jus stand there and breath slowly. take deep breaths and dont get burned! but i helps me a lot so.. there ya go :slight_smile: STEEM IS THE KEY

4. KaraBulut

You can try a Neti Pot irrigation which is generally available at most drug stores (which I believe are called chemist's shops in the UK?). The nice thing about this type of irrigation is that you can use warm saline if you find that more soothing.

There's also pressurized saline washes that are available- Simply Saline is one that is available in the US. The good thing about these preparations is that they are sterile saline and you don't have to mix the saline solution.

The underlying question is why you've had sinus pain for a couple of days. Do you have a cold or allergies that might be trigger it?