1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can This Spread Disease?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AloneOutHere, Feb 9, 2012.

1. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm in my swim unit at school and I'mm just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. There are a lot of wierd things and people that get into the pool and I'm just a little curious. Anything I should worry about?

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, you can't catch a disease by swimming in a pool. That's an excuse people have used when the catch something and don't want to admit to having unprotected sex, but It's untrue. Don't worry you'll be fine

3. TraceElement

On the floor decks you can get foot funguses, so when you get into street clothes, make sure to dry your feet off good. Maybe a dose of baby powder too. And use sandals too.

4. b0i70y

As Mlpguy88 said, you can't catch anything. In any kind of pool, be it saltwater or chlorine, bacteria and viruses can't survive. In the former, the intense level of salt will kill them. In the latter, both the chemicals and the pH levels will eradicate them.

You're good :slight_smile:

5. KaraBulut

The water in indoor pools is treated with chemicals that kill many of common bacteria and viruses. There are a few things that aren't susceptible to the chemicals and these are usually intestinal parasites common in infants and very young children.

In any athletic environment, the most common infections are spread through direct skin-to-skin contact. The three most important things that anyone can do to avoid infection are good handwashing, showering after participation in contact sports like wrestling and if you're ill, don't participate in sports like swimming.

6. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks everyone :slight_smile: