1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda a uh... 'lump'?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BudderMC, Feb 9, 2012.

1. BudderMC

So, I don't really know how to describe it, but I've got kinda a 'lump' (for lack of a better term) underneath (on?) my armpit.

It's kinda reminiscent of an in-grown hair or something, though those you can usually just lance/pop/pluck/whatever and be done with it. Maybe double the size of a fair-sized pimple, or smaller than a spider bite. Or maybe small mosquito bite sized? It isn't really sore by itself, though if I put pressure on it it is a little bit. It also seems rather solid; by that I mean there's no evident pus or anything that it's 'containing', but like bunched skin or something.

I'm sorry, I'm having a really difficult time describing this. I don't really know what else to say. Does this sound like anything to be concerned about?

P.S. For what it's worth, it's been there a couple of years. It didn't seem to be causing any problems, so I didn't think much of it. But well, now that I express concern in my body, I figured I should get some insight. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Zontar

It could be a shotty lymph node. Now don't quote me on this, but when your lymph nodes swell as a normal reaction to an infection, I believe that *sometimes* they'll say at a slightly larger size for a while, or for life. That's what I've heard, anyway. I have a few on my neck that have been there for years (diagnosed as "shotty" too). They're just there.

Nevertheless, the standard disclaimer of asking your doctor about it applies. If you're not losing weight or sweating your ass off at night, I don't think you should be worried about anything.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea I would bet it's a lymph node (but I haven't been to medical school or anything)... however it's a tad concerning that it's been there for years?

4. Porphyrogenitus

Could be a cyst - they seem to turn up in armpits quite often, and can be entirely benign. But I would definitely get it checked out.

5. KaraBulut

It's difficult to pinpoint exactly what is going on without examining it, so it's something that your doctor should take a look at.