1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sore throat HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ty, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Im seeing someone special tommrow and my voice has completely fucked up today, i can't speak atall, it hurts so much, i know i sound like a whiner but i need to get rid of it! ive had sore throat sweets but they havent done much (had 3 at once and still didn't do anything)

Im desperate!
    How can i get rid of it!!!!!

help =[[[[

2. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    milk, usually does the trick for me. Milk and don't speak too much for the rest of the day. Hopefully all will cure over night.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

*runs to the fridge and pours a pint of milk*

I hope this works =]

Thanks Jamie
    x

4. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Gargles can help. Many use salt water, making it slightly salty to gargle with. don't use mouthwash as it knocks down certain bacteria but not all and if used too much you can get a super growth of bacteria that the mouthwash doesn't get rid of. Old grandma's solution was gargle with warm water and vinegar. The acid or drop in the pH can knock down things and help clear mucus. If you have nasal congestion, try to get that under control as Post Nasal Drip can cause a significant sore throat.

Unfortunately many of these things are caused by a rinovirus (common cold virus) and for now there is little we can do against viruses.

Good luck.

5. Kimi

Have lots of gargle with salt water.

Have lots of fruits(Well, I mean, have Vitamin C)

Have plenty rest(I mean, sleep)

And hopefully it'll go away:icon_wink

6. sexyalex

Drink some room temperature water and rest ur voice. your vocal cords are irritated and just needs to be re-hydrated.

7. chrisb

Drink lots of water, take a hot shower...... and gargle salt water...

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Take a couple of paracetamol (or whatever pain killer works best for you) before you go tomorrow. Hopefully it will numb the pain a bit and make talking easier. I wouldn't normally recommend pain killers, but as a one-off for a special occasion like this they could help.

A lot of cold remedies contain paracetamol so if you are using one of these don't take any other pain killers.

Oh, and tell whoever you are meeting that you have a sore throat straight away. Then try to go somewhere quiet so you don't have to raise your voice - that should help it last.

9. Ty

Ty Guest

thanks paul, I just got back and he didn't mind that i had a sore throat =] I took like 3 paracetomals and kept downing throat losenges lol, but i found aslong as i was inside in the warm (resturant ect..) i could speak a bit, as apposed to being outside where it felt like my throat was on fire and i swear I could taste blood.... hehe.
    Im going out again tommrow so hopefully some improvement....
    A few more pills should make speaking BEARABLE =]

Thanks everyone, JSG says hii,

Ty =]

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Good news!

The maximum dose is two paracetamol every four hours, up to four times a day. Taking three together is exceeding that, so don't make a habit of doing that (especially don't keep taking higher doses throughout the day). As a one-off it won't do any harm though.

I'm pleased you and JSG had a great day.

11. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks Paul, I'll try to keep that in mind.

And thanks ^_^