1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thyroid problems?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by flyinhernikes, Feb 12, 2012.

1. anyone have an underactive thyroid.... or anyone on levothyroxine?

i got put on it for my underactive thyroid and all is well.... apart from the fact i sleep through for about 10-11 hours!! and ive only been on it around 6 days now. (never used to sleep like this... ever) i wake up feeling so refreshed which is a nice change from feeling so tired all the time dont get me wrong but could it be a side effect of the meds? i know i wont see any changes for at least a month im guessing but its really odd.... that ever since ive been on it i can sleep for england!

urm, just thought id ask.... should i consider going back to the drs?
    i know its really a stupid thing.... i was just wondering lol seen as i cant find anything about side effects apart from difficulty sleeping... which i dont have difficulty sleeping, i just sleep forever...

:help:

2. Chickzak

aww sounds nice, just having a lie in and sleeping for ages :slight_smile: I dont have underactive thyroid but I know somebody that does; she's a very close friend of mine Shes had underactive thyroid for a looong time now and she doesn't have any difficulties falling back to sleep when she wakes up in the middle of the night and generally has a decent amount of sleep (which can be said for more than I have anyway! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) so I dont think its anything to worry abbout; especially since it hasnt been long since you've had the tablets.

If you're still worried or if it persists, you can double check and visit the docs- just to put your mind at rest but don't worry too much :slight_smile: x