1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upset stomach :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BudderMC, Feb 14, 2012.

1. BudderMC

So, I got some sort of 24-hour stomach bug, which is thankfully almost over, but I'm still feeling kinda queasy. Anyone have any tips on how to either quell the upset stomach, or at least provoke it enough to get me to throw up and be done with it (without forcing my gag reflex)?

All I remember being taught when I was little was that saltines and ginger ale were supposed to settle an upset stomach... though I ate a saltine last night and threw up 10 minutes after. :/

2. Peppermint tea usually works for me. In fact, I just got some because my stomach doesn't feel well either.

3. RedState

Bitters and Club Soda. Works like a charm.

4. TraceElement

I suggest that you don't eat greasy food... simple foods like chicken noodle soup, toast, eggs, chicken, turkey... things like that. Also, load up on the fluids. With all the fluids coming out either end, you may be a little dehydrated. I suggest staying away from the fried food, burgers, and mayo and butter based sauces, as the richness can continue to keep you a little queezy.