1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aches down my right arm

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by pirateninja, Dec 28, 2007.

1. pirateninja

Ok, I'm going to admit I was playing Guitar Hero III for about three hours non-stop on Christmas Day, which is sad, I know. But after three days the aches still haven't gone. I haven't played it since then in an effort to speed the healing process, but even now it still aches terribly in my shoulder, elbow and wrist. Could I have pulled something or did I just overdo it a bit?

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Lol your not as bad as my friend liam, hes had the xbox for a month and its totally ruined his social life >.<

Anyhoo just take a few painkillers, im sure it'll sort itself out. Some people just can't handle playing video games for a long time so maybe in the future, you should sort of moderate your use? eg. 1 hour play 15 minuites rest ect?

3. pirateninja

I really should moderate it. Darn you Guitar Hero creator for making such an addictive game!

4. Ty

Ty Guest

*Thanks that good 'ol non existent god that i didn't get guitar hero!*

5. pirateninja

It is awesome though. I am very proud of myself that I didn't stray to it in a moment of weakness. I'm praying the aching's gone by tomorrow so I can get even further on it.

6. Urman

Urman Guest

i love guitar hero 3 but i stopped because i got mad a cant beat a song and it really grrrr lol

7. sdc91

Ahhhhh, Guitar Hero's so fun.

Try playing Knights of Cydonia on Expert. It'll kill your arm FAST.

Is it good to be playing when it's sore?

8. Urman

Urman Guest

im on Slayer - Raining Blood i can beat it and its on easy lol

9. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Rock Band gets even more addictive. At least with Guitar Hero II, I was able to control my addictiveness to it, but Rock Band?
    Holy crap. A bunch of my friends and I are completely obsessed with it. Every time we hang out at my place, its the only thing we play for 3+ hours.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

pirateninja asked about the ache in his arm, and is still waiting for an answer. Discussions about how good the games are should really be in the Entertainment section, not in Health. :wink:

To me it sounds like you have pulled or strained something. Is it showing any signs of getting better or is it just as bad as it was on the day?

If it seems to be improving then give it a few more days. Try to exercise it a bit by just using it as normal but don't over-do it (and don't play that game again for now). If it is no better by Monday morning then call the doctor and get it checked out (I know it can be difficult to get a doctor over the weekend). If it is getting worse then you should get it checked straight away and not wait.

11. Kimi

Maybe inflammation of a tendon and its sheath?

Apply a hot compress!!:slight_smile:

Or try some stretches??

12. Urman

Urman Guest

You propely over worked you muscle or arm i suggest you rest it and maybe but icy hot on it.