1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleeding

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Choucho, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Choucho

Okay, so about three days ago I got up at about midnight to go to the bathroom. A drop of urine fell on the toilet seat, and when I went to wipe it up I noticed it had red flecks in it. Upon examining myself, I noticed that the inside of my penis was bleeding. It wasn't a lot, but it's not exactly something that happens every day. One of my friends urged me to look on the internet, but I didn't have much time and the only thing I found was that it was a symptom of penile cancer.
    I was wondering if anyone had any info as to what may be going on?
    I have to go to the doctor's Monday for blood work, and I don't want to get my mom to drive me an hour away to go to the hospital, where I probably won't get to see a doctor for an hour or so if it's nothing. But I don't want to do nothing if it's something serious.
    Help?

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

:eek: :eek: Thats sounds serious.. definately go to the docs.. hope everything goes well for you :thumbsup: I found this if it helps :slight_smile:

3. Urman

Urman Guest

You need to go see a doctor right away this can be a symptom to nothing or many other things you should be safe and good to the doctor asap

4. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    i think the main thing is has it been present in your urine after the above event... or was it just a one off.

If it was a one off, possibly just a slight tear in your urethra or something. Especially if it's not present in your ejaculant.

Other possibilities would be some STIs... does it hurt to pee or not?

I'm sure JayHew will see this thread and pop in next time he's on. After all the one thing better than us makeshift internet doctors is a real doctor.

5. Choucho

No, it was just that one time, which is why I'm not as scared about it as my friend seemed to be (but it's just cuz she loves me and has a cousin with cancer, and I love her for it).

It doesn't hurt to pee, but I have been having sharp pains just below my stomach for a couple months at least.

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    well since it was just a one off, i'd be tempted not to rush to the local Accident and Emergency dept. If you're going to the doctors some time soon anyways, just be sure to mention it there.

On the bright side, is great to know you have mates who care about you genuinely. I'd keep hold of her!

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Speak to the doctor about this and the sharp pains below your stomach when you see him/her on Monday. As it's a one-off it is not an emergency. It's convenient that you are seeing a doctor in a couple of days, so take advantage of that.

8. Kimi

I would definitely go see a doctor.
    I'm not sure but if it's bleeding, something is wrong.

Be sure to mention it when you meed your doctor next time:thumbsup:

9. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Here is some other information. It is not an often encountered thing seen, but it happens. For one though, at 17 I doubt it will be cancer, that usually shows up after the age of 50, I mean it can happen but would be a rare bird.

"it is possible that you injured your urethra but much more likely is that the bleeding is coming from the prostate gland. Blood in the semen is called hematospermia. It is due to a tear in one of the fragile veins of the prostate gland. The prostate is the organ that produces the majority of the seminal fluid in response to sexual stimulation. Irritation of the gland (prostatitis) can cause it to become inflamed and predisposed to bleed. Some factors leading to inflammation include too frequent or too infrequent ejaculation, sexual arousal without ejaculation, withdraw at the time of ejaculation, excessive alcohol or spicy foods, prolonged sitting or bike riding, etc. The prostate may then become secondarily infected and require antibiotic therapy for cure. When the prostate contracts at the time of ejaculation, a vein may tear and blood mixes with the semen. Red blood indicates new and dark discoloration indicates previous bleeding. Hematospermia may at times be associated with gross blood dripping from the penis or during urination. This typically will occur with initiation or at the end of urination (as opposed to being throughout the entire stream). Sometimes as the prostate gradually enlarges with age, friable veins called varices develop on its surface. These are also prone to tearing. In such cases, Proscar is sometimes prescribed to shrink both the prostate and the veins. Hematospermia is not a typical sign of prostate cancer. If the bleeding is due to a urethral injury, these usually heal on their own. For the present, you should refrain from both sexual arousal and ejacultion. I suggest that you check with a urologist to be sure nothing more is going on."

Other possibles but with low probability are: Syphilis and Genital Herpes.

With what is happening it is best to have a urologist check things out. At your age unless there is a good chance of injury happening, the presentation of bleeding from the penis needs to be checked out a bit more.

Best of luck on the upcoming appointment. Believe me, even if it is a nothing, you will be much more assured.

10. Choucho

Well, my doctor's appointment has been postponed by almost two weeks. I need to have blood work done a week beforehand, and they weren't doing it at the local clinic or the next nearest one because of the holidays. But oh, well. It doesn't sound like I have much chance of it being something serious, so I'm not so worried about it.
    Thanks everyone for your replies! ^_^