1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hpv and making out

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by insidehappy, Feb 22, 2012.

1. insidehappy

hello someone mentioned something about hpv and it made me think. can you answer these questions:

1. if almost everyone has hpv but show no symptoms than should you worry about getting it?

2. what can you do to avoid getting hpv when there is no test for it and people sometimes do not have symptoms or visible lesions but they can still pass it to you?

3. i read somewhere that most hpv "clears up on its own" does that mean that it goes away and your body's immune system fights off the hpv infection OR does that mean it stay in your body forever adn only "springs up" sometimes with warts? do the warts go away too?

4. if grinding and frottage can pass hpv is there anyway to protect yourself from that?

5. what if you are over the age for the vaccination, can you still get it, will it still work.

6. if you get hpv from someone, how will you know you have it.

other questions about making out:
    with kissing on the lips and open mouth, what can you get from that besides oral herpes?

2. Kbkj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I read on a site about how men should be worried about HPV as much as womer because HPV is passable from making out too. It has been linked to cancers in the face, throat, and brain. It also can cause anal cancer in men and women. Read this

Op-ed: HPV Infection Is a Gay Men

3. Bedroom Hymns

What the hell is HPV?

4. insidehappy

can someone provide some facts about hpv and risk factors and how to avoid? im confused and the internet is more confusing. the cdc info was ok but what i do not understand is this...

if most people do not have symptoms does that mean you body have fought off the hpv and you're immune to it or does it mean that hpv is still lingering in your bodoy forever and at any given time warts can pop up? as far as the throat and anal cancer, im assuming if you wear condoms for both oral and anal you should be ok there? please break it down.

#4 insidehappy, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  5. from what i know HPV is not the end of the world but also not something to simply ignore. Especially it seems in women....I think if you have a wart you can go to the doctor and they can test the wart for HPV, otherwise its almost impossible to tell if you have it. There are also different strains of HPV, one that is the genital warts causeing one, and one that is that on top of giving you a 10% better chance of getting some kind of cancer...I don't know...its a new one and its all the rage to worry about right now. My friend has HPV so thats why I know just a little bit about it. She was distraught when she found out but she seems to have figured out its not the end of the world...

6. KaraBulut

There are over 100 strains of HPV that have been identified. Some strains cause warts on the body, some cause warts on the genitals, some cause oral cancer, some cause cervical cancer, some cause anal cancer, some don't seem to do anything at all.

For the strains that are associated with anogenital cancers, the HPV immunizations are your best bet.

Again- depends on the strain, what body part is infected and some unknown factors like genetic predisposition. It may disappear on the short term but then trigger a cancer a decade later. We're still learning about how the virus behaves.

Frankly, by grinding and frotting against fewer people.

Unknown. The assumption is not so much age as it is sexual activity. If you've been sexually active, you may or may not have been exposed. If you've been sexually active, you can still ask your physician if you can receive the series of shots.

Most of the time, you won't. That's why it's spreading like wildfire in teenagers and college aged people.

#6 KaraBulut, Feb 22, 2012
  7. insidehappy

thank you for the most comprehensive response. so basically now i can add hpv into my paralyzing with fear worry list. it appears theres nothing you can do about it. other than the vacinnation for the hpv anal cancer strain, you're pretty much open target for hpv and its potential problems. just when you think its safe to get in teh gay water, tehre's yet another thing that makes you run back adn hide for cover. :frowning2: and yes, i know hpv is gay or straight. like they say a bullet has no name, hpv has no name, its an equal opportunity disease. i guess alll you can do is look for warts, and maypbe put a sheet between you and the person you're grinding on. darnit, my skin shall never touch the flesh of another :frowning2:

#7 insidehappy, Feb 22, 2012
  8. KaraBulut

Well, this particular virus is the same virus that causes the warts that most people will get on their hands and feet. We just seem to have a particular aversion to the idea that this involves one's naughty parts.

As with all STDs, common sense and sobriety are much more practical options than hiding for cover.