1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argh! Im just the pinnacle of random body pains!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ty, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Okay so you all know of my sore throat.....
    Guess what..

Now my two bottom front teeth feel like there pushing against each other >.< arhhhh

So ive taken 3 paracetomal, but they don't reallly do anything anymore

it all hurts alot
    agrkhkjhfjkhfdjkdfs

=[

2. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Crazythang you sound like you are trying to fall apart. So tell me, with the sore throat, are you having fever with it, especially at night. Comes and goes, also chills. Body aches and pains associated?? especially in the joints and wherever you have had an injury? By now the sore throat should be abating.

Can you see the back of your throat? If so, are the tonsils enlarged and covered with a white or gray covering? Do you have swollen nodes at the angle of your jaw and down the neck from there? Cough? If so, is it productive, if so what color is the stuff you cough up.

The acetamenophen you are taking, is it 325 mg tabs or 500 mg. If 500mg you are taking too much with 3 at a crack. Tylenol or acetamenophen is easy to od on because it is in so many other products, so go easy. It will damage your liver and kick the crap our of your kidneys too. For some people it works great as a pain reliever, but some it does little or nothing. For me it does very little, but for now because of some other meds I am on, I can only use that until I finish up this other med.

Anyway, if you would be so kind to answer maybe get you going in the right direction. You can answer via PM. But you could have a strep infection and may need antibiotics to get over it. Just all these things happening for now to you. Give me a jingle.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

okay well, I can't see the back of my throat.two days ago it was much worse, I was constantly cold but not anymore. I have a runny nose and watering eyes with a tiny head ache. So I'm guessing that its just the cold. And I think the paracetomal I was taking was 500mg.
    I'm in bed on my iPhone now so I'm not Ure if I left anything out.
    Thanks, ty

4. Ty

Ty Guest

and I think the tooth problem may be unrelated, the same thing happened a few months ago.

5. Ty

Ty Guest

and I dont have a fever at night, just a tiny bit difficuclt to get to sleep. But that's nothing strange.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Paracetamol in the UK is 500mg tablets, and the packet says to take 2 per dose, 4 hours between doses and maximum 4 doses (8 tablets) in a 24 hour period.

Taking 3 regularly is bad news as JayHew explained. Taking them more frequently than 4 hour gaps or more than 4 doses in 24 hours is also bad news. Paracetamol overdose can cause serious permanent damage and even death.

If you need something stronger try the products that combine paracetamol and aspirn (plus caffeine usually). The Tesco own-brand one is called "high power pain relief" (white and orange box) and contains exactly the same drugs as Anadin Extra but is much cheaper. I use that if I have a bad headache that I know paracetamol alone won't relieve.

Remember though that pain killers are just that. They relieve the pain short-term, nothing more. They do not fix the problem, all they do is make it tolerable for a while. This is why it always says on the packet "if symptoms persist consult your doctor." If you need to keep taking it for more than 2 or 3 days, then go and see your doctor.

It does sound like you just have a cold though. As long as it seems to be getting better after a couple of days, all you can do is rest and let it pass. Drink plenty of water and try to eat if you can. Don't force yourself to do things - if you feel tired that's your body telling you it needs to rest.

7. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Ok, sounds like a cold and a really nasty one. What you are doing now is about right, bed rest, fluids, sleep as much as you can, etc. Agree with Paul above with the pain meds. Know you are in the UK so don't know if it will be available to you, but something like Zicam (Zinc based Homeopathc disks) that are lozenge. Unfortunately it has to be used rather early in the onset of the cold, otherwise does little. But from some studies it has been shown to shorten colds by 1-2 days or to limit them overall.

Other than the above, when you get well, use good handwashing especially now as it pretty much is the season for colds and what not. We pick up most of our colds and most certainly the flu from inanimate objects (hand carts, door knobs, countertops, etc) and transfer them to our mouths with eating or rubbing our faces with unwashed hands and the one I really dislike, licking our fingers and flipping through a bunch of pages or papers. For sure an oz. of prevention is worth a pound of cure. (and there is no cure for the common cold)