1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anorexia?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by girlboyari, Feb 25, 2012.

1. girlboyari

girlboyari Guest

I've been struggling with extreme anorexia for about a year now, but only last month realized that I was an anorexic. I had gotten used to eating less and less and didn't really think about it, until I looked in the mirror one day and saw how much weight I had lost. I have no idea what to do about it, and I've tried to ease away from it, but sometimes it hurts to even eat a little. Luckily, my parents have never really taken notice to it but other people have, and they're worried about me. I'm worried about me too, I just don't know how to stop it. I'm not bulemic, I only tried it once, but I didn't really like it, and didn't see a point to it. Ever since I realized that I'm anorexic, I've been eating less and less and I've actually passed out a few times, thank god it wasn't in public. I just need help. Any little piece of advice would be helpful....

2. girlboyari

girlboyari Guest

Please help? Please?

I've been struggling a lot lately with anorexia, and I don't know what to do! I've already posted about it but no one's given me any advice! Someone please help me!

3. Kawaii Kitty

Kawaii Kitty Guest

Re: Please help? Please?

Have you been seeing someone who can help you? A Psychologist? (I think that's what they are called.)
    If not then you may want to start seeing one, or at least bring it up to your doctor. They might be able to give you medicine to help!
    I'm sorry, other then this I don't know how else I can help you. I've never had experience with anorexia. If you ever want to you can PM me if you just want to talk though. I'm happy to help however I can.
    Hang in there! :slight_smile:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I cannot offer anymore advice other than what the person above said. I know that there are others that have had experience with eating disorders on here, so they may be able to offer some advice.

5. redstormrising

I've struggled with anorexia since i was 15 (i'm 31 now). sorry i didn't respond to your other post, it's not something i really like to talk about. So, here's my pitch: You need to talk to your parents about it and get professional help. This isn't something to mess around with. When I was a teenager, I was very seriously underweight and I had a lot of medical problems. My heart stopped when I was 17. I missed a year between high school and college because i was too weak to go. When I was 19 and had just been hospitalized for the umpteenth time, the doctors told my parents I probably would not make it through the next 24 hours. I also missed out on many of the ordinary social experiences that young people have, because I was too busy being sick. If that scares you, it should -- please don't let yourself miss out on life the way i did.

In the meantime, are there certain foods that you find easier/safer to eat than others? Try to keep those around as much as possible. If your body isn't used to eating much you have to increase your intake slowly, not all at once, or it can cause other problems. for me, not eating is a response to stress, a way to control something in a life that may otherwise feel out-of-control. if that is the case for you, try to find another coping mechanism, maybe an activity you enjoy, or writing in a journal.

6. KaraBulut

I've merged your two threads.

There are a few situations where I have to give the advice above. Anorexia is one of those conditions. Eating disorders are very serious and it's something that is much bigger than I can help you with over an internet forum. It needs to be treated by a professional who has experience with this disease.

Anorexia thrives on secrecy- it's part of the disease. People who have eating disorders spend a lot of time and energy hiding the problem from the people who care about them. The only way to beat it is to be honest and tell people in your life what is going on. Tell your parents. If they don't listen, go to your counselor at school or the school nurse and tell them. The sooner that you get into treatment, the better your outcome.

#6 KaraBulut, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012