1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know when I'm about to reach... "that"

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mimerio, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Mimerio

Sorry if it's inappropiate for the forum, but I've always wondered how a person (particularly male as I am male myself) knows when he is going to, well you can probably guess. I've only had wet dreams before. But one time I felt like I was going to, so I went to the toilet just incase anything happened, but I just peed as normal.

Can you tell me when that point comes in?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people seem to have very precise control and awareness of when ejaculation is about to occur, while other people have almost no control at all.

It is possible to learn better control and develop a more refined awareness, but it requires a lot of practice and patience.

Do you not masturbate? If not, do you have any particular reason or discomfort surrounding that?

3. Mimerio

I do masturbate, but I do admit I'm highly embarassed of the subject of sex in general

4. TheAMan

Well to be honest, I'm not sure. You just do. When you're masturbating and you feel like you have to pee I guess. It comes as a slight tug of the testicles.

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If you're not intentionally stimulating yourself, any sensation you feel probably isn't an orgasm coming on. I can't think of any reasonable circumstance where you'd be about to orgasm without knowing that that's what was about to happen. If you're masturbating or having sex, you know it's coming, but any other time whatever you're feeling probably isn't an incoming orgasm.

I guess you could say it feels like you're about to pee; I think the best analogy is that it feels like you're finally peeing after having to hold it in for way longer than you wanted to, but even better. You feel that sensation of relief all over your body, and you start to feel it before you ejaculate, whereas in peeing, you only start to feel it after you start urinating.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing inherently shameful or embarrassing about masturbating, having sex, or anything connected with that. But society tends to treat it as something dirty and wrong, so, for some of us more than others, it makes it really uncomfortable to think about and discuss.

That's not an uncommon thing, but the way you get past that is to basically confront it. And EC is a pretty safe place to do so. You won't be judged or made fun of for asking or talking about that sort of thing (as long as you don't start posting erotic fiction LOL), and in particular, maybe bring up the things that make you most uncomfortable to talk about so you can normalize them by discussing them in a matter-of-fact way with others.

7. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

to echo what Chip says, masturbation is perfectly normal and statistics say that 90% of guys do it and the other 10% are lying sonsofbitches

8. starfish

This. I used to be very uncomfortable talking about sex. A few years ago I did some volunteer work for a local HIV prevention outreach group. Did not take long to get over the uncomfortable feeling.

I still hand out with some of the people I meet there. One of the things I like is that we are all very comfortable talking talking about sex. It is nice to be able to talk matter of fact about sex with someone.

Now as for the OPs question. I usually feel a slight tug on my testicles just the moment before ejaculation. The I feel what I would describe as the ejaculate gathering at the base of my penis. I wouldn't say that it feels like I need to pee. To me it is a much different and much more pleasant feeling.