1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That time of the month

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jessica816, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Jessica816

I was just wondering if anyone other women go thru things like this during "your time of the month"

So I was at work yesterday about to clock out and leave for the day when out of no where I started crying. Not just a few tears but what I consider the "Ugly cry". I came home and horrible thoughts started, how I was going to be alone forever and who would ever want someone with the amount of baggage that I come with. Which of course started with the ugly cry yet again, and this went on for a few hours. I sat alone in my room with nothing turned on, not my phone or my laptop, just sat in the darkness. I've always has self esteem issues but it gets worse every time. Not to mention the pain, I have awful cramps sometimes to the point where I can't even get out of bed. I've been considering going on the birth control shot to stop my period. But I've been told there are some serious side affects from stopping your period.

Everyone I've talked to says I'm just being dramatic, but the suicidal thoughts scare me. I have them from time to time but its worse when I'm on my period. Sorry this is all over the place, my mind is just all over the place lately.

2. KaraBulut

This is something that you need to discuss with your OB/Gyn.

There's a recognized syndrome called Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder that affects a surprising number of women. A lot of the symptoms you've described would be consistent with PMDD but your physician would need to make that determination.

3. EmmettBlack

I think definitely talk to your GP - I had the same thing for years and then got the Implanon rod inserted in my arm 3 months ago - the side effects affect everyone differently, they can give you irregular cycles but it really helps with the pain/violent mood swings.

Go have a chat to your doctor, there's a few different options to consider and they will help you work out which one will be the most effective for you :slight_smile: xo

4. w33s3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I get the same way :/
    Frustrating, huh? I want to get birth control pills, too, but I'm a smoker.
    I want to hear how it turns out for you, if you get prescribed birth control & if it really does help with mood. I'd quit smoking if I wasn't so depressed all the time.

5. chelsaroo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Bc really helped me with these symptoms and some others. I did have to quit smoking but it was worth it for me!