1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erratic behavior under stress

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zontar, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Zontar

It seems like when I'm stressed, completely unrelated things come to the surface and make my day worse. Mainly, every insecurity and anxiety I have comes right to the surface, even if it has nothing to do with what I'm actually stressed about.

Like, for example, during this week I endured a severe time crunch due to multiple close deadlines for major projects. While I was busy worrying about how to get them in, I started getting bothered about every running gag in my personal life: how I never date, how I'm overweight, how I have very few friends and stuff. Even though it wasn't related to anything I was worried about before that.

Also, it all goes away once everything is done. I feel much better and these insecurities and such don't bother me as much anymore.

Is this normal?

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    your brain's defense go down when your under stress, so yes it is normal. Your upset about one thing so why not everything, thats how the mind sees it anyhow.

3. KaraBulut

Honestly- we do a great disservice to the idea of "stress" when we view it solely as a negative thing. The problem isn't stress. The problem is how to cope with it.

There is some stressors in life that you can't avoid- death of family members, personal tragedy, etc. But most of what you've listed as stressors are things that you have control over and things that are within your ability to change.

The issue isn't stress, per se. The issue is the anxiety you're feeling because you haven't found a means to cope and a path to change the things that you can change.

It's normal. And it's something that gets a lot easier to sort out as you get more experience in handling things in your life that stress you out.